• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't preview files from a network drive to a local CF9 server.

New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the following set up:

• CF9 Local Dev version
  • CF Builder 2.
  • Project files are in a network drive N:\project
  • I have RDS set up and everything seems to work ok, view DSN, files, etc on my local server.
  • In the URL prefix section I even created a map:
  • There is no FTP set up on the CF9 server.

The problem is that when I try to preview a file that I am working on from N:\project, it doesn't show on my local server. The previewing part works if I manually move the file to CF9. But it is the automatic uploading (or moving) of the file to the local CF9  that doesn't seem to work.

BTW, I have a similar set up in DreamWeaver, where I am editing the same project (or site in this case) off of  N:\project, uploading to the same local CF9 server through RDS, and it works fine.

I know that if in CF Builder you move the project to under the web root it will work but that would not work for us, since we need to keep the project source files on a network drive for sharing/backup purposes.

Has anyone been able to successfully preview source files from a network drive on a local CF9 server?

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

After doing some more googling I realize that for files to be previewed the MUST be under wwwroot. This wasn't too clear in the CF documentation.

So my new question is:

Is there are way, once I save a file to automatically copy it from one location(N:\project) to another (c:/ColdFusion9/wwwroot/project)?

I think there is a way to do it with Ant or some sort of Eclipse feature, but I am not too familiar with either. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way to handle it is to create a folder on your webserver that points to N:\project.   In IIS this is called a virtual folder.   Then you can map your local path to the URL of the virtual folder.

...David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation