• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open File Error when opened over a network

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp X5 to generate my HTML Help projects. I output a .CHM file and am having problems accessing this file over a network connection.

The window opens, the TOC appears, but the reading pane displays "Action canceled" and clicking on any of the topics will not pull open a page.

I've read somewhere that this is a SP2 issue, but have yet to find a proper solution.

Any help? Others must run into this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello durden7,

Welcome to the Forum.

You say that you are accessing the .chm over the network. Is your projects stored on the network or on your local c: drive?

If on the network, that will be the cause of your problem. Click here to find out why.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Brian, I appreciate the effort, but I think fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge has better and more accurate info at This Link.

Peter's page deals with displaying .CHM files from a network location while my page deals with where NOT to store your RoboHelp Project files.

Amazing how "Network" sounds sooooo close to "Not Work", eh? Coincidence? I think not.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2006 Oct 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The Microsoft Security Update 896358

( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-026.mspx)

prevents HTML Help files from execution, if the CHM file is installed on a network drive. CHM files installed locally continue
to work. This affects all HTML Help files. The reason for this error is a new and more strict security policy
for Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp