• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Edit Clips in Adobe Audition

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I suddenly can't use one of my favorite features of Premiere - editing a clip in Adobe Audition. 

I just upgraded to CS6 Master Collection.  When I right-click on an audio clip in Premiere, "Edit with Adobe Audition" is grayed out.  When I click the audio clip and select Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition, it goes through all the preparation, but Audition doesn't launch. 

Bug?  Is there something I need to switch on somewhere?  Dynammic Link Media is selected, so I'm at a loss right now. 

Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll put it this way:  it worked fine in CS5.5.  I just started using CS6 and this was the first time I tried to edit audio with Audition from Premiere.  Just installed the updates.  They did not help.  I'm on a Windows 7 machine, Intel core i5,M460, 2,53GHz, 64-bit OS.  I was just trying to edit a small audio clip in Audition and have it update in Premiere.  Rudimentary stuff that I never had a problem with.

Here's a screen capture.  This is what I see when I go Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition. 

Audition_Snafu.jpg

"Open in Adobe Audition" is grayed out.  I can't select it even if I remove the check marks from other selections. 

If there's anything else I need to provide, let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works OK here and your screen capture does not show up, so give details as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it sounds like it's not locating Audition as an installed app.  Try this:  open Audition so that it's running in the background, then try to bring up that 'Edit in Audition' dialog again in PPro - does the option become available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I go Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition. 

What if you just right click on the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will:  tried that and it doesn't work.  Jim:  it's grayed out when I right click. 

I noticed it also doesn't find Photoshop as an installed app, either, when I right click on the video in the sequence.  Weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Edit in Audition is available for the sequence, but the Open in Audition check box is greyed out. Have you tried clicking OK to see if the xml file is created, and then in Audition trying to open that same xml file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah!  That works, Jerry!  I still can't do the right-click > Edit in Audition yet.  Grrrrr.  Well, one small victory at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a smurfed install.  Might want to retry that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few days, so I'm assuming you've figured this out.  I'm dealing with the same thing right now.  Currently reinstalling Premiere.  If you found a fix, please let me know.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Uninstalled just Premiere and reinstalled.  No joy.  So, I then uninstalled both Audition and Premiere.  Reinstalled Audition first, then Premiere (with a reboot between uninstall and reinstall).  Right-click option to edit Premiere clip in Audtion is now back! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'd actually diverted myself to a Captivate project for a few days, but I'll definitely give this a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Right now I'm bowing to your greatness, thedstorm, in all directions. . .because I don't know where you are. 

Thanks again. I knew it had to be something simple. 

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooah! Good teamwork on this one. Sending good juju your way from Joplin, MO!

Dustin Storm

4 States Advertising

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple solution is that .sesx files are to be told to open in Audition by default.So right click on any Audition saved file and "open with" and select AU   and check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."so premiere will understand to open .SESX sessions in AU and the options will not be grayed out.

au snap.jpg

I had the same issue like u all and the above solution worked for me.

Regards,

Chetan Jadhav (India - Mumbai)

Pre Sales Engg - Adobe Products

SRSG Broadcast (Adobe Partner Company)

[personal info deleted}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That fixes the Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14159265_1262298370449099_1774495931_n.jpg14169662_1262298330449103_1071812444_n.jpg

When I right click to edit in AU.

Normally AU will jump out and let me edit right?

But I don't know why when I click edit in AU,it won't jump out AU......

Does your solution can fix it?
Because I try it still same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chang,

Try as below...

- .sesx files should be natively opened in Audition as I previously posted.

- Premiere Pro an Audition should be same version..try updating both to latest version.

There might be security issues that Premiere is not able to talk to Audition...try the below steps:

- Disable the firewall.

- Disable Antivirus.

-"User Access Control" slider should be  at extreme bottom.

Also...

- Might be your Premiere or Audition preferences are corrupted and need to reset.  Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift and start Premiere Pro.Same way Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift and start Audition...and HOPE IT WORKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my Premiere pro is 6.0 version and audition is 5.0 version.
Does it possible can moving audio clip between each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chang yongc49644842 wrote:

If my Premiere pro is 6.0 version and audition is 5.0 version.
Does it possible can moving audio clip between each other?

Yes. I use Pr CC and Au cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14152065_1262389323773337_35250193_o.jpg

I try all tatic u guys taught.

But same....When I click audio clip to edit in AU

It will automatically turn green colour and AU NEVER JUMP OUT!!!!!!
Before 1 month ago I use still can moving clip between Premiere and AU

TELL MEWHYYYYYYYY...

RUSH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But same is cs6 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall / Reinstall worked for me as well for CC 2014.  Uninstall Premiere and Audition then re-install, Audition 1st then restart.  Install Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I should have scrolled down a little further. Making .sesx files natively open with Audition may have saved me some time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines