Expand my Community achievements bar.

Export only select fields into CSV?

Level 1

Hello everyone, I am new to livecycle and adobe forms in general and despite having a fair background in VB and JS I find livecycle to be very very difficult to work with.

I am attempting to make a distributable, fillable timecard that exports certain fields into a specificly layed out CSV file. This file will then be directly imported into my accounting software. Livecycle/adobe exports a file that captures every fields value so I end up with 200 lines of empty data that I just dont need. Response filtering is non-intuitive and I cannot manage to create an export that I can even re-parse correctly.

Basically is there a way to specify which data is exported, all non-null values would be very helpful, as well as the format of the CSV?

This logically seems like it would have a simple solution but I just keep running into walls. I am looking for any help. Links to information would be most helpful!

Ultimately I want to have a PDF that is server based and served via webservice, that can be browsed to from outside locations. This pdf would be fillable and would save a copy of the pdf along with custom formatted .csv for importation on the server in a given location.

0 Replies