• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 installation failing with Creative Cloud Subscription

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Creative Cloud subscription and I am having trouble installing Photoshop CS6 with the Adobe Application Manager. The application will download but when installing it gives me an Installation Failed error with the message "The download appears corrupted. Press Cancel, wait a few minutes and try again (-60)"

I am using a Macbook Pro 17" i7 8GB with Mac OSX 10.7.3.

When I look at the DLM_Native.log file using the Console I get a whole bunch of errors like the following.

[ERROR] | 7B2C1C2F-AC72-4B17-9D58-C9BC80BC9A07 |  |  |  |  |  | Checksum validation failed for segment 510

[WARN] | 7B2C1C2F-AC72-4B17-9D58-C9BC80BC9A07 |  |  |  |  |  | Some Error has come during download operation with Error type - -60, and Error Code - 417

I have about 60GB of free hard drive space, so I know I am not running out of space for installation.

I do not see an alternative way of downloading other than the Adobe Application Manager. If I go to my orders page on Adobe.com and click download for Photoshop CS6 it just opens the Application Manager and begins downloading from there.

I have downloaded and installed Illustrator and Flash Professional using the Application Manager without issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Please try downloading the trial of Photoshop at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop and respond back with the results.  Devfrombeyond and Jorgeparrales did you both remove the beta prior to attempting to install the released version of CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, using Macbook Pro 13" i7 4GB w/ Mac OSX 10.7.3.

Have been able to install Audition, Fireworks and Illustrator without issue, but not Photoshop.

Previously had the CS6 beta installed before subscribing to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try downloading the trial of Photoshop at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop and respond back with the results.  Devfrombeyond and Jorgeparrales did you both remove the beta prior to attempting to install the released version of CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading the trial now. I never installed the CS6 beta, but I did download the CS5.5 trial a while back, which I uninstalled before attempting to install Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for response Devfrombeyond.  Since this is a new release if you can please respond back with your results as well it would be appreciated.  This will help other users which are facing similar difficulties to resolve their issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!! I installed the trial version from the link you provided and it installed and ran without any problems. It also seems to be running as the full version and not a trial so I don't need to bother with the Application Manager version.

The trial version took an hour to download compared to 20 minutes with the Application Manager download. I am guessing one of the versions cached on an edge server is incomplete and corrupted.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear Devfrombeyond!  Thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the link for trial download about 30 minutes ago. Adobe Download Assistant is currently stating that it is Extracting installation files, but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything. About 15 minutes ago, this window alert popped up. Do not have any idea what it means, but am assuming it might be contributing to the problem.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 6.23.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and in answer to your first question, yes I did uninstall the CS6 beta prior to attempting to install through Cloud subscription. Sorry I forgot to answer that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorgeparrales this often happens if you selected the Applications folder to download the install files too.  If so I would recommend canceling the download and choosing the default of the User folder.

Alternately you can initiate a direct download by following the steps listed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and the error on the disk image is because it is still downloading/extracting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had quite a few hiccups along the way, couldn't get Adobe Download Assistant to pause/resume download of CS6 at all, and several other issues, so I had to uninstall that and all other Adobe apps. I finally resorted to your last solution, with the direct download (although the link you provided was to 5.5, but I found the instructions for 6), and installed as trial, signed in with my Adobe ID, quit photoshop, then reopened Application Manager, confirmed that it showed Photoshop installed, then reopened Photoshop, which is now fully functional, not simply a trial installation.

Thank you very much for your patience and assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jorgeparrales for responding back with your results!  My apologies for all of the inconveniences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am having the same problem (can't successfully download and install CS6 through the Application Manager).  MacBook Pro 17", OSX latest version.

When I try to go to either of the links you suggest I get "We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request."

What now?

P.S. I keep trying to sign into the Forums with my Cloud ID, but it keeps reverting to my personal (old) ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveClick the link I offered is just a link to the trial version of Photoshop.  If for some reason it is not working you can go to www.adobe.com and locate the trial under the Downloads section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright.  I tried going to the Downloads section to get the trial.  I get the same error: "We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request."

Kinda frustrating.

Anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just verified the link for the trial is working.  It is likely a problem with the security settings or an add-on in your browser.  Please try a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright:

Three hours later... using a different browser (Safari instead of Firefox),  downloading the trial,  installing the trial (which, for some reason, required me to install it twice), & selecting to run the trial... worked. 

I do not think the problem is related to my browser or to my settings.  I have been able to download and install Dreamweaver CS6 and Acrobat Pro using the Application Manager with no problem.  In addition, others appear to be having a problem as well.

So, I now have a working version of Photoshop CS6, but I hope I don't have to jump through similar hoops for other packages.

Thanks for getting me to the next step with P6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SteveClick the browser issue was to allow you to initiate the download of the trial.  It is not related to the Adobe Application Manager.  If you would like to investigate what is causing your difficulties further then I would recommend you review your installation logs.  You can find details on how to review your installation logs at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to weight in here and say that I'm having the same issue with Photoshop CS6 installation on an up-to-date macbook pro and a cloud license. Downloaded and installed InDesign without any issues at all. Photoshop gave the "corrupt" error. Tried it again 3 times, every time it said the same thing after about 20 minutes of downloading. I am now trying the "trial" work-around listed here.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone at all been able to install Photoshop CS6 via the cloud installer on 10.7.4?

I'm also installing the other Apps I need right now. Hopefully they go the same way InDesign did.

Will this lousy installation workflow affect automatic updates in the future, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop CS6 from the Creative Cloud several times on Mac OS 10.7.3 and 10.7.4.  I have also installed it on Windows 7 as well without difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for Creative Cloud, and am getting the same "The download appears corrupted. Press Cancel, wait a few minutes and try again (-60)" error when trying to install Photoshop using the Application Manager. I tried installing Photoshop separately using the link you provided, but this results in the Download Manager downloading an installer .dmg which gives a checksum error when I try to expand it. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ariehoeflak please cancel the download and try again.  This often happens when choosing a destination, such as your Applications folder, which the Adobe Download Assistant does not have permissions to write too.  It is also possible that the Adobe Download Assistant maybe displaying the message extracting files please wait.

When you do reinitiate the download please choose the default location of your user folder to download the install files too.  Once the download is complete you should then be able to successfully mount the DMG file and install the software.

Alternately you can follow the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to initiate a direct download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response Jeff. I wonder if there's something else going on. All the other apps (Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver et al) downloaded and installed to the same location (Applications folder) no problem using the application manager. When I tried to use the download manager to download Photoshop separately, the download destination was set to the desktop, while logged in with administrator privileges. The .dmg downloaded without any apparent problems but generated a checksum error warning when I tried to expand it. I tried several times, had antivirus and Little Snitch turned off, tried again after restarting etc. to no avail.

Interestingly, my colleague experienced the exact same problems on his (Mac) system, which is running same OS.

I got around all this by downloading Photoshop from the CS6 direct download page using the link you provided, for which many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing to the Applications folder is not a problem.  It is when the Application folder is chosen to download the install files which it ends up being an issue.  Basically the Adobe Download Assistant is unable to complete the process of writing the the downloaded DMG to the Applications folder due to the OS requiring administrative access.  The Adobe Download Assistant does not have this level of access while downloading.

I am happy to hear you were able to get the trial downloaded and installed successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines