I'm sorry...I wish I knew what "autorecognized links" were. : ( As I mentioned in my reply to David, I created the hyperlinks in Microsoft Word before I converted the Word document to a pdf.
I have resolved the problem and posted my step-by-step solution a few days ago, but for some reason I don't see it in this forum. It kind of goes like this...to get hyperlinks to work with fillable pdf's:
1. Create Microsoft Word document and save when done.
2. While in Word, click on "Acrobat" on menu bar (assuming you have installed Adobe Acrobat X Pro on your computer) and "Create pdf;" confirm that hyperlinks work and close document.
3. Open pdf document with Acrobat Pro and selected "Create pdf form."
4. Edit the "fillable" parts of the document (e.g., make all fields/text boxes 10 pt. font size...I wish there was a way of setting the default so you wouldn't have to manually do this for each field/box, but haven't figured out how to do that one yet).
5. Close form editing.
6. Select File --> Save as --> Reader extended pdf --> Enable additional features.
7. Save file
8. Close file and re-open to verify that hyperlinks and fields work/are fillable.
That's my solution. There's probably an easier way to do this, but it works.