• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Isn't there an alternative installation? really?

New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling to have flash player installed on a portable firefox installation that I managed to have working for more than 4 years. I got stuck in version 10.0.32.18.

Currently I can only download an exe installer which requires administrator privileges (!!!). No alternative installation available.

IMHO, this is unacceptable for a client side application... it's a flash PLAYER for gods sake!! why should it require ADMINISTRATOR privileges.

And the biggest problem is that previous versions of flash are VULNERABLE!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any hint...

Pedro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is that if you install the latest Flash Player 11.2 (with Administrator privileges), subsequent updates (using silent background update) won't require Administrator pivileges any more.

So you need to login to an Administrator account one more time (or use 'Run as Administrator' if you are on Windows), then never again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other option you have is to install and use Google Chrome, which has Flash Player preinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Pat for your prompt and useful responses. I have and use Google Chrome, but I also need to use Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines