• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Slides Only Marks Complete after 50%

May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have created a wbt in Captivate 5.5 in which I want to show completion only after viewing all slides. 

I also want them to be able to leave the training and come back to finish it later.

I am publishing this wbt in the Saba LMS and have marked the Is Scoring check box.

I usde dvsumner's idea on Feb. 22, 2012 to create a new no score Scorm 1.2 template.

So I can come and go and it remembers where I was as long as I have not gone over 50%. Otherwise it marks it as successful.

Any Ideas on how I can make this so they must view each and every slide. 

There are quiz questions included, but they are not scored and I marked them as survey.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear on what you are referring to when you say you have marked the Is Scoring check box?

Here is what I do when I want the user to view all slides before they get a completed status

Under Edit/Preferences/Quiz/Reporting:

Report Status: Complete/Incomplete

Report to LMS as: Percent

Choose Report Data: Slide View Completion to 100%

(do not change the LMS Customization Settings)

(warning: make sure you put a submit button the very last slide for the user to click before they exit, otherwise the LMS will show incomplete if they do not reach the end of the timeline)

Under Project/Table of Contents/Settings

Click the check box for Self-Paced Learning

You may want to Unclick Enable Navigation

Hope this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anita, checking the box for Self-paced Learning will have no effect if you are publishing to SCORM for an LMS.  Using SCORM output disables Self-paced Learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rod, really, wow, I didn't know that!!!! I was told (about 3 years ago!) that the Self-Paced Learning being checked was the thing that allowed the user to return to the same slide they left off when they exited out. I trust you, and I love learning something new every day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was a good tip.

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that tip!

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The Is Scoring is a check box in the Saba LMS.

Actually I ended up having to edit both the Scorm 1.2 template and the manifest file to get it to work.

Thanks anyway.

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Cap 5.5 on SABA as well, and experienced a similar problem. This sounds like a Mastery Score issue.

I followed the instructions in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4221755

Specifically:

• editing the manifest.xml file (Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Captivate 5.5 > Templates > Publish > Manifest.xml) to remove the Mastery Score keyword(<adlcp:masteryscore>@RD_MQZ_MANIFEST_SCO_MASTERY</adlcp:masteryscore>).

Don't forget to make a backup of your original Manifest.xml file, just in case.

Make sure the Is Scoring box on SABA is not checked.

Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I followed the instructions in that thread also, and it has been the best, but still not exactly what I want.

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an additional thought, since we both approached the problem from the same previous thread. But ...

I blanked the Mastery Score by editing the manifest file in Captivate, and deselecting the Is Scoring option in SABA.

I'm not sure what settings would be required if you blanked the score value instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I didn’t try blanking the master score in the Manifest file, so I will try that.

Thanks!

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! Editing both the Scorm 1.2 template and the Manifest file along with unchecking the Is Scoring check box worked.

Diane

3-4133

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources