• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot put dwt file to remote /BC site

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... I cannot put my dwt file to a BC site.

I got to the point where my template.dwt was ready and I put the site to remote server. But the template does not go to remote: Templates:template.dwt - error occured.

Any ideas? I also tried to create a new site straight in BC but the option to import a site of my own is not available:

Import your current website in minutes and build it yourself from there (This option is currently not available)

Then I went back to DW and decided to try and create a new template from scratch ( in case I missed something before)

and then I noticed that there is a chekbox which is grayed out in all of the html templates.

chekbox.png

The link under goes to Adobe site where it just says that since 2010 InContext Editing will be discountinued as a standalone service…

So… Is it possible to use my own template with BC? Does anyone know?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Hi Elisa,

Looking at the code, the problem might be that you don't have the {tag_pagecontent} tag in the editable region that's inside the <body> tag. Business Catalyst requires a specific template structure: only one editable region in the <body> (besides the other 2 that Dreamweaver creates inside the <head> tag) and that region has to have the {tag_pagecontent} tag. You can see more details in this article that details how Business Catalyst and Dreamweaver work: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/support/dw#templates

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Your usign CS6 or 5? If five and using the BC extension you need to mange your BC stuff through there. With CS6 you need to use the integrated features

You can not "Put" any DWT files onto the BC system manually via FTP into the templates folder, it only handles .html files. If your using DW you use the BC stuff which converts .dwt files into the .html files it needs to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am using CS6.  So, BC does not support dwt files? Could you help me a little bit more and explaine what stuff converts .dwt files into .html files?

I haven´t used BC before so I am lost here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BC part of Dreamweaver converts dwt files. The system itsefl does not.

I use Coda2, I do not use DW6 so you will need to wait for someone who does to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well , My solution was when setting up your FTP setting in DW  in the username you have to put /dw after your username, thats what lets the .dwt file to be uploaded

Screen shot 2012-05-31 at 12.15.28 AM.png

Cheers

Laz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS6 and no PUT/ GET .dwt issues at all. there are a few login screens for some odd reason make sure you're logged-in to BC both FTP and the BC panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, there is something wrong with either CS6 or BC... When I go to my site settings /servers, I cannot see Save - Cancel - Help buttons at all until I hover on top of where they should be, then they appear.

Also, the server settings look empty, until I click to where they should be.

first.png

second.png

third.png

Anyway, changing my username doesn´t help, still error when trying to upload dwt file. Connection to server in Ok. All the other files goes to remote, just not the template file.

I am logged into both of them in DW, I can see the BC modules palette, and I can get to remote server from DW. Still: "Templates:template.dwt - error occured." No explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not uploading files, you can not just put as a standard put to the server. Use the BC stuff to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elisa,

Can you please send me a private message and attach that .dwt file? Or open a new case and attach the template to the case so we can have a closer look.

Thanks and regards,
Florin Carlig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florin,

I tried several different templates, none of them goes to remote, here is the code for one ( it is a ready template from DW that I named test.dwt):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->

<title>test</title>

<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="head" -->

<link href="/oneColFixCtr.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

</head>

<body>

<div class="container">

<div class="content"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="content" -->

<h1>Heading</h1>

<p>Paragraph</p>

<!-- TemplateEndEditable --><!-- end .content --></div>

<!-- end .container --></div>

</body>

</html>

I also tried different document types (html4 transitional, html5, xhtml) for the template, doesn´t help.

Then I used a different network as well, doesn´t help.

I also tried to change the file access properties for the folder Templates in remote server, but I cannot change them. (Don´t know if I even should). They are 755, same as images folder and all the images goes to remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Now it when I try to put the test.dwt to remote, I get a longer message than before:

Templates:test.dwt - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put test.dwt.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

And in the Ftp log it says:

The file "/Templates/Sivu.dwt" was skipped because the old remote file could not be deleted.

There is no old one on the server since I can´t put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elisa,

Looking at the code, the problem might be that you don't have the {tag_pagecontent} tag in the editable region that's inside the <body> tag. Business Catalyst requires a specific template structure: only one editable region in the <body> (besides the other 2 that Dreamweaver creates inside the <head> tag) and that region has to have the {tag_pagecontent} tag. You can see more details in this article that details how Business Catalyst and Dreamweaver work: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/support/dw#templates

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Florin Carlig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgatten that from the test.dwt... I put it there, and still error.

Templates:test.dwt - Transferring

Templates:test.dwt - error occurred

Here is a piece of the new code:

<body>

<div class="container">

<div class="content"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="content" -->

{tag_pagecontent}

<h1>Heading</h1>

<p>Paragraph</p>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved:

I tried on a different computer that had OS 10.7.2 and Adobe CS6 and the templates went on remote server right away.

And I was able to make pages based on that template in the browser in BC.

My OS is 10.6.8 and also Adobe CS6.

Thank you all for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW. What an odd thing. Adding the DW worked for me too!

My hero for the day, you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines