• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting this. Using a Mac under Lion, it does seem to work properly for me, very straightforward. I'm disappointed that Adobe got into this situation in the first place, which seems inexplicable to me, and I would have expected them to get the news out themselves in a more visible way, but at least the content is available now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just DL & installed (Win 7 64 Bit) per the instructions at the link. I found it all very straight forward as well. However, there is only Menu Content in the library and no sample content for the other items in the library (buttons, images, backgrounds, layer sets, text, shapes, & replacement layers.)

Should there be more content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed (win7 64x) and got the same results ... Menu contents only,  no buttons....  The Document was updated 2012-05-16 but apparently it did not solve the problems or it was not updated.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be full functional content available for download which will be containing everything - menus, buttons , backgrounds etc. I do not know the exact date but it will be available soon.

- Shuchi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interim I managed to use Explorer in Windows 7 and copy missing library from CS4 to CS6. I found the library at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Library. CS6 64bit is in the C:\Program Files\folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a a protection from unexpected results I run an incremental backup (Acronis) at the beginning of each day and before any change. The CS6 PP content update did not only not supply all of the CS6 Encore library content it wiped oout the CS5.5 Encore library. To restore the now missing library I mounted the Acronis image (virtual disk) of the OS disk which I had created before the ran the CS6 install. Using Wiin Explorer I could copy and paste the CS5.5 Encore menu library to the location of the missing library.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same as you after renaming the "library" folder "libraryOld", there are a few new menus in CS6 you can copy over to your backed-up folder. You can also transfer the "styles" folder over. I noticed that if you look through the sub-folders of the old CS5.* "library" and "styles" folders you will notice a huge amount of files with a .psdloc extension if you rename them to a .psd extension they become usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's correct that when you rename them to a .psd extension they become usable, but I heard from Adobe that the Content Installer was not good. There working now for a new Installer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Adobe posted an update for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html  The file sizes are the same as before so I did not install.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Groannnnnn....This is getting frustrating. I just DL & Installed this "new" content and En CS6 Library Content looks the same. Just a few sample menus in each set, but still NO buttons, images, etc. Also....Pr title template selection is messed up and do not display properly in the left pane of the "new title from template" window. Once I was in there and browsing around, I could not close Pr without invoking the task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This installer IS STILL BROKEN.  It only installs a few menu templates and NONE of the other content, buttons, images, backgrounds, etc.  So far, this so called latest release is identical to the broken installer that comes on the Content disk of CS6 production premium.

What's the deal here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very beneficial if someone from Adobe would post when they expect this problem will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a portion of the Encore Functional install log:

Extracting assets complete. Number assets: 2

Beginning installation for payload at F:\Adobe Encore CS6 Functional Content\payloads\AdobeEncoreFunctionalContent6All\Install.db

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 2)

Condition failed(Seq 2)

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 3)

Condition failed(Seq 3)

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 4)

Condition failed(Seq 4)

These errors continue for several pages, so apparently most items in the install.db are corrupted.  SOME content is installed however, like a few Menus.

Here's my question:  How in the heck did the engineers at Adobe miss these errors when they were "supposedly" posting updated install programs that were "supposedly" fixed?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I finally talked to Adobe.  They had me download the dmg file from SOLUTION1 of the http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html page.  This installed the MENU templates for Encore, but NO BUTTONS or TEXT STYLES!!!

Uggggggg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those downloads have now disappeared they are now offering this solution with no explaination.

Solution 1 - Creative Cloud and disc product customers

Download and install the functional content for Premiere Pro and Encore. After Effects template projects have been migrated to the After Effects Exchange.

Premiere Pro and Encore functional content is being migrated to a new server. This document will be updated when those links are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Premiere Pro and Encore functional content is being migrated to a new server." Let's hope they also update the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok 6 days later and still "Premiere Pro and Encore functional content is being migrated to a new server. This document will be updated when those links are available" ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the US, this is a "long-weekend," and most Adobe employees probably left the office early on Friday, to spend some time with family and friends over the Memorial Day weekend.

I'd give them a bit more time.

Also, there could be some issue with either the Functional Content, or perhaps with its installer (maybe above, or in another similar thread, Stanley outlined how Encore installs have changed, and changed back), so there could well be something, that has required more work, than initially anticipated. Personally, I would rather have everything work perfectly the first time, than have them rush to publish something, that very soon needs a rework.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using cygwin, I also renamed any files with *.*loc in the extention removing just the "loc" part of the file extention in the directory

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Library\* and  its subdirectories.

So files like .psdloc  became .psd

and .emloc became .em

and .m2vloc became .m2v

I repeated the process for the directory

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Styles\*

The I restarted Encore and the Menues and styles sprong back into like.

\O/

Advise to anyone wanting to try, You don't really need to use Cygwin, it was just quicker for me to script. Also, suggest you BACK UP those directories first before trying thesame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon? What do you meen soon. Can we pay for the update soon or do you want the payment right away. How can you release a product that is less that the previous release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link in original post was just updated with new info this morning. We've uploaded archives for both Premiere Pro and Encore. The Encore archive is a big one, about 12GB, so you might want to employ a download manager.

Edit: We're aware of the problems caused by really large downloads. We're working on splitting the file into easily digestible chunks. Stand by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we employ the new DL Content for Premiere Pro? You have posted instructions for Encore, but nothing for Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

Good grief!

If the Encore file is too large to download (and it is, the download bombs) then why post a link to it at all?

This is getting very frustrating.  I just wish the Adobe employees would QUALITY CHECK their posts before posting them.  So far, this so-called "fix" has only wasted the time of all Encore owners.

FWIW, I'll be interested to see what kind of Encore content could possibly use up 12.1 gigs!  That must be some awesome content.    No wonder they couldn't fit it on a measly 4.7 gig DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines