• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deinterlacing for newbies

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there have already been many topics about deinterlacing, but most of them are for professionals who have some practice in deinterlacing, and almost nothing for new guys like me.

What I found out till now, is that there're two easiest methods to deinterlace your footage. First one is to right click on every single clip, choose "Field options">"Always deinterlace". It works well, but since my material consists of few hundreds little clips, it's not best for me.

So here is the second option: I save the finished material in Adobe Premiere and than I import it to After Effects. Then I apply "Reduce Interlace Flicker" effect to the whole sequence from AP file, I set the value to 1.6 and that's it. The result is quite satisfying but there is one problem. It takes a very long time to render a video with this effect - almost two times longer than without it.

Another way is the render the video in AP and then use HandBrake or VidCoder to deinterlace, but it also takes some time and the output video quality is not the best.

So is there any other solution for newbies to deinterlace your footage? Maybe you could recommend any cheap plugin to AP, which can deinterlace all clips/whole track at once? Thank you in advance and forgive me if I wrote something stupid in this post - I am just the beginner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set the field options to None (Progressive) when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it in the first place, but it doesn't make any difference, interlace effect lines remain in exported video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then something else is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so till now I was trying to export my video using H.264 preset and it didn't work for me. But now I tried other presets and with Vimeo preset it works just fine, interlacing effect seems to disappear.

But now I wonder one thing. Could you tell me what are all those deinterlacing methods for, if all you need is to set "Progressive" in the field options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know.  I never need to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it turns out my problems with deinterlacing are NOT over.

When I choose "Progressive" in export options on certain presets, AP ideed gives me deinterlaced files. But now I need to export my video in 1440x1080 resolution - and when I change settings to these values, "Field Order" goes inactive so I can't set it to Progressive and I get interlaced video. What can I do now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export my video in 1440x1080 resolution

Why?  You don't really want to do that for web or computer playback.  And web or computer playback is the only real reason you'd want to deinterlace.  So you're kind of combing unrelated tactics here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what best HD resolution should I choose for web? My source videos are 1440x1080/25 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1920 x 1080, square pixel, progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines