Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document size in Indesign CS6

New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just downloaded the trail of Indesign CS6 and I'm have some trouble getting started...

How do I change the size and the unit of the document? I want a A4 size with a 3 mm margin around the paper (total size: 30,3 mm x 21,6 mm).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Document Setup...  What you enter for a size here is the dimension of the page. Margin settings put the guides for your margins the designated amount inside the page size you set here.

Get yourself a good book, like Sandee Cohen's Visual QuickStart Guide to InDesign, or sign up for Lynda.com training.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change the units used by clicking on either the Edit Menu (Windows) or the InDesgin Menu (Mac) and selecting Preferences > Units & Measurements. Change the setting here and your problem shall be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines