Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Conversion Settings Menu is empty?

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone might have an idea what is going on with my project. I am trying to reconfigure the conversion settings I used when I imported my word document into Robohelp. When I go to Project Settings > Import Tab > Word Document Edit Button..., there is nothing appearing in the Paragraph, Character, Table, or Other Settings menu...

I wanted to reconfigure my pagination setup for a particular heading for my project, however, I cannot do that since nothing is being displayed in that Edit Conversion Settings menu. It looks like the image below:

Untitled.png

I have no idea what is up with that.

If someone knows a solution, I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mapping is done at a different stage and I have no idea why those options are shown there when you access the page from Project Settings.

See Importing on my site for a detailed explanation of how to import Word documents.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to do with the fact that you've already performed the import - the same thing happens when I do an import from FM. My only chance to tweak the settings is during the import process - once it's complete, I can't go back to adjust anything in those Conversion Settings. However, if you do linking, then it becomes editable after the fact; you just tell it to re-update and the new settings take effect.

With importing, put the project aside (or throw it away - that's what I do) and re-import again making your adjustments. Supposedly in RH9 (I haven't tested this) you can save all your settings by exporting the settings file (an .ics file) from your imported project and use it again on your new one; just tweaking the parts that you wanted to adjust without having to recreate all the other settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is because the import has been done. The mapping can only ever be done at the time of import and in the import dialogs. The process is the same as far as that is concerned for Word and FM.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I think the larger question here is how exactly is the "import" being done?

If you are simply importing content, you are in the wrong place for conversion settings. The dialog you pointed out is for when you are *LINKING* a Word document to establish an ongoing relationship where you repeatedly see ongoing edits to the Word content.

If all you are doing is importing (where you suck in the content, then discard the Word document and forget it ever existed as a doc file) you click File > Import and from the ensuing dialogs you get the conversion settings after clicking a button to open them.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, it is only the wrong place for mapping. There are other settings that do apply to the import that are set via Project Settings, just not the mapping.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp