• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I uncheck "Binary Index" if I have already disabled all keywords?

New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week or so ago, I asked a question about the binary index and how to delete topic keywords so I could uncheck the box on the "Project Settings" page.  I received a great, helpful response: "

First, click View > Pods > Project Manager.

Locate the Index folder and expand it.

Double-click the Index entry in the folder to open the Index Designer.

Scan the topics listed in the top part of the Index Designer. You are looking for any topic that has a Page icon with a Key superimposed."

So I did all of this, and it worked great for all of my projects but one.  I have deleted all of the keywords, but I still am unable to uncheck the box.  Anything else anyone can suggest that I do?  Anywhere else I should be looking, or something I may be missing?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Nothing like a user name of SouthRiverTech to tell us you have been drinking the Iconlogic water!

By chance does this project have a funny icon in your table of contents? One that looks like this?

tmp1.PNG

If so, that indicates a merge. My thought here is that if you have this, the project may be forcing a binary index as those are required if merging CHM files.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually took a class a few months back and loved it!  I really learned a lot!

And yes, I do have that icon in my TOC. Any way to get rid of it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Select it and press the Delete key.

The problem is, this means someone created a Merged entry. As long as you know you don't want to merge the output of this project with another project, you should be fine. But I think you have some detective work to do.

Is the output CHM or WebHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is CHM.  I will definitely look further into it, as I do not want to get rid of something done intentionally.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Out of sheer curiosity, why exactly do you want to turn off Binary Index?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to disable Binary Index because we use a translation tool called Sisulizer to localize our CHM files into Japanese. Sisulizer cannot convert an English/Binary index into a Unicode Japanese index. The result is that the Japanese version of the CHM file has a corrupted Index because it was in binary and apparently doesn't have the proper code page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh okay.

Well, shoot. I was GOING to suggest just making a copy of this file and clearing the icon. Then it occurred to me that you likely just receive back a translated CHM. And you want that one to work just like the original. Try double-clicking the funny icon in the TOC. That should then reveal the file you are merging.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Sorry to continue with the questions, but we are still having trouble over here.  When I double click the icon, this shows up:

screenshot2.png

It seems that I am unable to delete the icon entirely, and instead, it asks me to merge files, indicating that perhaps our files aren't merged after all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh drat.

My bad. I was pointing to the icon in question (which is there in ALL RoboHelp installs) so that you could simply see what it looks like.

What I failed to convey is that *IF* a merge had been configured (which may explain the behavior of being unable to turn off the binary index) you would see this icon in your actual TOC structure among the books and pages.

So if you aren't seeing the icon in the structure, you aren't using Merged CHMs. The icon in the toolbar simply allows you to insert a merge where you want it to occur.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp