• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rh9 link works in preview not in generated version

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: I have topic with link to an MS-Excel file. When I perform an item view, the link action behaves correctly, displaying the File Download dialog box. When I generate the layout (WebHelp), the link's action doesn't respond.

Notes:

• The file appears in both c:\appname\!SSL!\WebHelp\rules_summary_1.xls and c:\appname\Rules_Summary_1.xls

(unsure if case of filenames matters)

• I created a test topic and got the same behavior

Any ideas?

Thank you,

-bruce.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Hi there

This is likely the result of having Mark Of The Web (MOTW) enabled while publishing and you are viewing using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.

If you are planning on copying the files to a web server for your end users to open them, the links should work fine.

If you want to test from your local PC to ensure things will work, you may turn off MOTW and deal with the dialogs IE issues, or you may relax the security of IE so as to allow active content to run. Your call.

What versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is likely the result of having Mark Of The Web (MOTW) enabled while publishing and you are viewing using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.

If you are planning on copying the files to a web server for your end users to open them, the links should work fine.

If you want to test from your local PC to ensure things will work, you may turn off MOTW and deal with the dialogs IE issues, or you may relax the security of IE so as to allow active content to run. Your call.

What version of IE are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm testing on IE7 and see where to relax the IE security. I tried it and the result was succesful. Then, I reactivated the security.

Tomorrow, I'll test everything on the test server to be certain. Finally, for my edification, what's the procedure for turning the MOTW on and off? I searched the Rh help and other sources but didn't find any specific procedure.

Thanks again for your help.

-bruce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce

Try opening your Single Source Layouts pod (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts) and double-click your WebHelp layout. Then choose the Navigation section as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp