Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden Photoshop CS6 Beta Files.

Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ever sense I've owned a Mac I've been told that to simply remove any software you just have to delete it out of the Appilcations Folders. That would appear to be false, I did that with Photoshop CS6 Beta. Now that I am trying to install Photoshop CS6 Trial it keeps giving me an error that says that there is a version of CS6 on my computer already. Does anyone know how to find the hidden files or atleast the file that the installer is seeing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please first try running the uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  Once that is done you can utilize the clean up tool by following the directions at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  This should remove any additional components.

In regards to uninstalling on Mac.  Many applications are able to utilize the package feature to contain all of their components.  Do to the shared components between Adobe applications and their multi-platform nature we utilize an uninstaller.  This is because we do not contain all of the files required for the application within the package for the application itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines