• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installation Bug?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to start this as a new discussion. Didn't know how to join the numerous questions about this subject. Here is my problem:

I am trying to download Flash Player 11.2 for over a week now, without success. The installation hangs at 7% jumps to 47% and times out. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bits, 3.10GHz. My prefereed web browser is Firefox 12. Three days ago I followed the steps as suggested by Pat Willener (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4331677) Was then able to download FP but it did not work properly: I was able to watch You Tube but no videos from the news press, e.g. CTV or CBC or Spiegel.de. I just had a black screen, no audio. So I unistalled the FP as suggested by Pat and as I had done before. But now, I am again not able to install it again. Download hangs as above mentioned. I have de-activated all Firewalls, restartet my PC several times and performed a full scan. I have tried to install it through the suggested Workaround link: 64-bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) when I try to install it says: "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running..." Nothing helped so far. I desperately need the FP to do my on-line banking. Have I missed any of the solutions? I have been doing nothing but following this discussion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you download the appropriate stand alone installers from this link?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, it gives the prompt: "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running..." and for the heck of it I tried both versions 64 and 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get this message for both the 32-bit and 64-bit installers?

Typically you would get this message when trying to run a 64-bit executable on a 32-bit operating system.  I do not understand why you get this message when you run the 64-bit installers on 64-bit Windows.

Can you try to download and run the MSI installers from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I get the message for both.

Tryed all 3 possible versions on the link you had send:

1. next to Flash icon top of page, result is the same as before installation stops the download at 7% jumps to 47% and times out

2. MSI Installer further down your recommended page 11.2, result: Prompt pops up saying "Installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that ...."

3. MSI Installer 10.3 still further down the page, result: "Installation package could not be opened...." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prosper87 wrote:

installation stops the download at 7% jumps to 47% and times out

I do not understand this; I do not see any download percentage when downloading the installer; can you post a screenshot?

Prosper87 wrote:

"Installation package could not be opened...." 

That sounds like a corruped download to me; the size of the MSI installers are

• install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.msi: 9.47 MB (9,932,800 bytes)
  • install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi: 9.44 MB (9,907,200 bytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Screen.pngHere is a screenshot.

Install_flash_player_11_plugin.msi:9.44MB installer shows 9.4MB when I download it. The screen shows after I click "Run" and the program tries to retrieve the installation. Following the questions on this forum it seems that others had the same problem. Only, I have not seen a solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea what you are running, or from where you downloaded that file.

The MSI plugin installer I downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html is named install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi

When it runs, it doesn't download anything, but goes straight to

fpi1.png

then to

fpi2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, following your link I get the following screen shots:

screen shot 1.png

screen shot 2.png

after I click Run I get the following message:

screen shot 3.png

If I follow the Adobe download links, that one would usually use, I get the following screenshots:

screen shot 4.png

screen shot 5.png

screen shot 6.png

after I click on run and next (indicating automatic updates) I get this (see my earlier screenshot):

screen shot 7.png

I noticed that I start out on Adobe Canada web page, then I am diverted to the download page where the server seems to  be located in Ireland, as flagged in the address bar. Could that have anything to with the problem? Or am I grasping onto straws?  I thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prosper87 wrote:

screen shot 3.png

What is the exact size (in bytes) of that installer?  This message could indicate that the downloaded file was corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I don't know whether you got my post about my successful installation of Flash Player 11.2 via "Safe Mode". However, some You Tube videos I can watch others I can't. Especially videos embedded in news media don't play at all: they show black screens and some are asking for Flash Player 10 or higher. Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prosper87 wrote:

I don't know whether you got my post about my successful installation of Flash Player 11.2 via "Safe Mode".

No, I haven't seen this mentioned in this topic.  This could indicate that some security program may have been interfering with the installation process.

Regarding "black screen", this could mean a display driver issue; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Can you post a link to a site that asks you to upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

here I am again after a month of closely following all the advice that is out there on the Adobe Forum. In the meantime FP 11.3.300.262 is out and I was able to upgrade. It did not work, still black screens. Was then able to download and install it, again, through Safe Mode. But I still have black screens for some You Tube Videos. But that is the case as well, whether I have any FP installed  or not. I cannot watch any Videos offered by News Media, e.g. www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2252217015 or any Video in www.spiegel.de. Right clicking the black screen leads to the information that the movie is not loaded and/or to the download page of Adobe. I checked the driver GeForce 9200 (301.42) and it is up-to-date 22 May 2012. I checked in Firefox add-ons. It's there and activated. I deleted Real Player, which seemed, as I read, to create a conflict.

Is there there anything else that I could check on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding "movie not loaded", the only thing I can suggest is to clear your browser cache and try again.

I will try the two sites you mentioned tomorrow at home, where I have Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2252217015 I get Sorry - we can't find the page you requested.

At Spiegel online I can view all the videos I could find.

I am fresh out of ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat;

I just found out that the download problems of FP  can be the quality of the Internet service provider. I have a wireless 4G satellite connection with an up to 3.0Mbps download speed. Just the other day I took my computer to a friend's place with cable connection and everything worked fine there: the download/installation as well as watching videos. Back home, however, I still cannot watch videos (black screen where video is supposed to show). Since I have not seen this possible reason for the problems on this forum I thought it worth while posting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback!  This is something I have never thought about, but this is indeed a possibility.  Having had a 1000Mbps connection for the last 5 years simply lets one forget that there are other connection types...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat, after 6 months my problem is solved. I can watch all videos. I had inadvertently deleted my virus check program Bitdefender 2012 and immediately everything started to work like a charm. I was then also able to update iTunes and Quick Time. Both programs did not update before. As suggested on this forum, I did try to download FP and make videos work, by de-activating Bitdefender, without success. Have not, yet, received a response from Bitdefender whether that problem is solved with their 2013 version. Maybe this could be a solution for others as well. It worked for me. And I had 6 months to try all kinds of things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all i want to do is watch my videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines