• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling Webhelp over #id or #filename - still supported?

Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

is used to be possible to call the starting page of a Webhelp and hand over the topic ID or file name of a topic using a hash.

Examples:

index.htm#123

index.htm#my_folder/my_topic.htm

Is this still supported? I recently had problems but I am not sure whether this feature was officially dropped or whether there are any other problems with the project.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

To my knowledge, the topic ID method you are stating was never a feature. Only the hash+PathAndFileName was.

Wondering here if you are confusing the WebHelp API method of calling Context Sensitive Help? I believe the WebHelp API method does use topic IDs, but they are called in a slightly different way. Something like this:

javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0,'HelpFolder/SomeFile.htm>SomeWindow', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, TopicIdHere)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

The method of adding a number after the # works with the csh start file. Check my overview to see all the possibilities that WebHelp supports: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/contextsensitivity_in_webhelp

Greets,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

yes that is what I meant. So it still works in Robohelp 9? Thanks for confirming!

@Rick Actually I really meant calling the help via the start file. You are right the API is more comfortable but some developers always prefer a plain link. Sorry for causing confusion.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

#id will not work with the default start file. #filename will work. For #id you must use the XXX_csh.htm start file.

Greets,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp