• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to open URLLink.acsm, get E_URLLINK_NO_DISTRIBUTION_RIGHTS, using ACS4 evaluation.

Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment:

- CentOS 6.2, MySQL 5.5, adept database

- CentOS 6.2, Jboss 4.0.5, running fulfillment/packaging/admin .war applications; also running Apache with PHP for "Sample Store"

- Created the Distributor per documentation

- Installed the Sample Store, exported books/catalog .xml's and imported into the PHP Sample Store document directory.

ACS4 Evalution installed, deployed Sample Store, configured Distributor, when trying to open URLLink.acsm getting E_URLLINK_NO_DISTRIBUTION_RIGHTS, any ideas?

I can't figure out why every time I try to open any of the downloaded books, I'm getting the error above???

Everything seems to be communicating correctly, I've looked in the Apache Logs, the fulfillment/packaging/admin .logs...

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error indicates that the rights for the specific resource (book), distributor, and distributionType (action) aren't in the database.

The most common causes for this are trying to use a distributionType (loan), that you didn't set up.  Or trying to use a book that you didn't set up appropriately for the distributor that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

thanks for the response.

The exact sequence of steps I took:

1) used the UploadTest-1_2.jar on the books/pdfs to the packaging/Package server.

(these all successfully uploaded, with full content, jpb thumbnails, etc...

2) in the Admin Console, "refreshed" and all books showed up.

(didn't change anything with respect to permissions/loans/etc... on the books in the "Default Distributor")

3) Created a new Distributor "Sample Store"

4) dragged/dropped all of the books into the Distributor (still with the original distribution/permissions/loans/... information)

5) exported books.xml/config.xml

6) copied books.xml/config.xml into the bookstore/ PHP-code directory

I'm wondering [if] I need to modify books/distribution/permissions/etc... [before] I drag/drop them onto the Distributor, and thus [before] I export the books/config .xml files?

In other words, somewhere between step 2 and 4?

What I've been doing thus far, is after I've dragged/dropped the books into the new distributor, I immediately export, and import into the Bookstore Sample Store... and then I go tweaking with the rights/permissions on the ebooks/pdfs/content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

This is what I'm seeing the in URLLink.acsm

<task>

<time>2012-06-04T17:44:35-00:00</time>

<classname>com.adobe.twist.control::TicketTask</classname>

<id>E9BCAF8B-5585-E922-9DAE-B8992C2B5434</id>

<running>true</running>

<msg>

<error data="E_URLLINK_NO_DISTRIBUTION_RIGHTS urn:uuid:d5861003-1f41-4399-9f30-7ff9b0a7ecdd loan http://acs4.aspata.net:8080/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm" xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept"/>

</msg>

<error>launched</error>

<dependencies/>

</task>

This is [more] than previously seen, which was just some small non-verbose error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They key part there was the error:

E_URLLINK_NO_DISTRIBUTION_RIGHTS urn:uuid:d5861003-1f41-4399-9f30-7ff9b0a7ecdd loan

You are trying to do a "loan" for content that you have only given a distribution type of "buy" to the distributor.  If you want to do a loan, you need to create a new distribution right (either programmatically, or in the admin console) with a distribution type of "loan"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

I saw this link: http://kb.datalogics.com/articles/FAQ/How-to-set-up-books-for-loan-in-Admin-Console-in-Adobe-Content...

I tried that too... to no avail.  I'm wondering, on the Sample Store, php "login" page, I'm using my Adobe account ID... I'm just not seeing why this distribution rights thing is failing.

From the database, I can see all of the transactions roll back, when the final failure occurs on the distribution rights.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did create a "loan" DistributionRight for the Distributor and the Resource you are trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

That's correct.

The step-by-step I've done is:

- UploadTest.jar on the prepackaged epubs/pdfs, along with their xml files, and jpg thumbnails.

- Login to the Admin Console ("refresh") and see all of the content there.

- Add a [new] Distributor, specifying the Apache Hosted PHP sample store, URL and other basic info.

- Drag/Drop all of the digital content onto the Distributor; at which point, the documents are now listed under the distributor as well, with "base permissions"

- I then add a second Distribution Right with a name "loan" that is [similar] to the out of the box "buy" Distribution right.

- I set the "buy" distribution right to "not loanable"

- I set the distribution right on the [new] "loan" right, to loanable and returnable.

- I export the books.xml and config.xml for the distributor

- upload those two xmls to the PHP directory for Apache

I then see all of the books I dragged onto the distributor, as being available/searchable from the Sample Store.

I then try [any] of the purchase/buy combinations, all yielding some kind of variation of either the ADEPT_LICENSE or URRL_LINK_RIGHTS error....

Prior to deploying this entire environment, I had created an ADE account.  At the Sample Store's login page, I've been using that as my login, does that have any relevance?

Is there anything I can do to verify the p12 certificate for the fulfillment service is checking out alright with Adobe's licensesign server?

It just seems that the borrowing and loaning of content, would be the easiest part, after all of the upfront work of getting the infrastructure in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This step:

- I then add a second Distribution Right with a name "loan" that is [similar] to the out of the box "buy" Distribution right.

needs to be done for each piece of content (not just once for the distributor)

So go triple check when you get the error

E_URLLINK_NO_DISTRIBUTION_RIGHTS urn:uuid:d5861003-1f41-4399-9f30-7ff9b0a7ecdd loan

That for the distributor that is in the config.xml being used by the PHP store.

And the resource (book) that is in the error

When you go look for a distrubtionRight with the type that is end of the error (loan in this case).

And you should find that it doesn't exist. This is the only cause of that specific error ( you will find that all of the ACS4 error are very specific).

As for different errors, I couldn't say about the cause yet because you haven't provided the details on them, I would suggest that you fix one error at a time, instead of trying to fix all of them at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines