Did you run the uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers? If so I would recommend the following steps which have allowed others to resolve these difficulties.
- Remove all Creative Cloud applications using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.
- Run the CS Clean up tool - CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
- Enable your root user account
- Reboot in Safe Boot and login under the Root user account
- Install one of the Adobe Creative applications from https://creative.adobe.com/
- Install Acrobat
- Launch the previously installed Creative application. This allows Acrobat to become serialized.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat
Not all of these steps might be necessary, in particular safe boot and the root user account, but by completing all of these steps it gives you the greatest chance of resolving your current difficulties.