• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro & After Effects has slowed so much i can't use it!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I was using Premier Pro and After Effects CS6 allot because I’m in the middle of my final video for college there is allot of effects so I’ve been sending allot of the clips to after effects. They were both working really smoothly no problems and they were running very fast.

Then all of a sudden they both slowed down allot I cant even watch my project in premier pro because it is running so slow the video stutters along and the whole program is just very un responsive, also the After Effects dynamic links aren�t updating in Premier Pro.

I have a MacBook Pro 15" late 2011 core i7. I noticed they both started to go very slow after I had updated my mac but I’m not sure if this is the sole cause of Premier Pro and After Effects running slow. After a while of attempting to edit on Premier Pro and After Effects it seems to slow my whole computer down so I’m confused as to weather something has happened to my computer or if it was the latest Mac os X update or if its the software.

Anyway I really need help and I cant seem to find anyone ells having the same problem plus I’ve only got till the 12th of June to finish editing and hand the video in, so I really need help. Thank you in advanced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing random smatterings of posts like this.  The first thing I'd ask is whether or not you have the Mercury GPU (openCL) mode enabled or not (check under your project settings).  If so, does it start to behave if you flip it back to software mode?

I'm starting to suspect that a lot of the openCL issues people have been seeing on macbooks may actually be related to heat issues & GPU throttling.  Apparently this is a well known thing in gaming circles.  I did happen to trip across this link where someone is trying to tinker with the power management system to keep it from throttling.  I don't know whether or not this applies, but I think it's potentially an interesting angle to pursue.

http://www.chromescreen.com/get-rid-of-osx-lag-and-run-your-macbook-pro-gpu-at-full-speed/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow yes i changed it from GPU Aceloration to just Softawre only and its running alot smoother i can actually preview my video now thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my GTX285 set for higher fan speeds when I open Premiere to keep it from getting to hot.

It's a program that comes with the video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I have a GTX 285 and do not change fan speeds

But, I have a Cooler Master Scout case, which has two (optional) case fans on the side, right over the motherboard and graphics card... so I have a LOT of air blowing onto the components

Doesn't help the OP, but I am a firm believer that more cooling fans is a good thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another case with the GPU MPE causing problems on a mac/CS6/Lion.  It's adding up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stab in the dark:  How much free space do you have on your boot disk?  If less than 100 GB, free up some room for VM swaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it might be that as well so i did free up some space I now have 233 GB free space but the issue is still there so I don't think its to do with disk space I have a feeling its a Premier Pro and Mac OSX updates battling each other witch is causing GPU problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently encountered the same issue. Found changing the 'Project Settings' under the 'File' tab worked for me as well (File->project settings->general->renderer->software only). OpenCL must be causing the GPU to work to the point of failure or something; hence the system crashes.

Feel free emailing me if you need help solving this issue: chrisalexkay@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R Mayhem,

Have you updated your GPU drivers lately? Newer drivers will no longer be supporting older CUDA cards. See my blog post: New NVIDIA drivers will no longer support older CUDA GPUs

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the exact question today is 9/12/2017

My Illustrator all of a sudden is lagging incredibly slow to the point i cant use it.

I have it installed on my laptop (monster 6 cores, 32 gb ram) and on my pc (6 cores, 64 gb ram)

Both are crawling.  i could understand it on one machine but 2.

something is going on!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines