Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy text from Word '03 into RH9

Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to copy text from Word into RH in a way that does not bring in the Word codes.  I can obviously copy the text into notepad and then into RH, but I am wondering if there is a way to do it that would be similar to the "Paste Special / Unformatted Text" command in Word? 

We cannot have the word codes in RH because we translate our user manuals and then use the translated UM text to gain discounts when we translated the html help files.  These codes throw off the matching and cause us to gain hardly any discounts.  Even simple formatting, like a bolded word puts in the word codes into the html code. I made the mistake of thinking if I unbold the word in RH then everything is fine, but little did I know the Word code was still in the HTML. 

I appreciate your help.

Also, I am open to suggestions on a better way to get my Word text into RH to be help.  I've started looking into Importing and Linking, but haven't figured out if they would be all that beneficial to us.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're updating the Word docs constantly, then linking them is the way to go; if it's a one-shot thing, then importing is the way. Copy & pasting sounds extremely painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For pasting without formatting, Google "Pure Text".

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we're doing it continuously. We have built an entire help system this way, based off of several user manuals.  Anytime we update the UM, we then have to copy those changes into RH and format, etc...  I just spoke with my supervisor, and he is very interested in linking our user manuals.  I would need to create a brand new help system - including thousands of map ids that would need to be remapped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is information on my site about linking and importing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please provide the link to your website

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp