Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Proj Mgr not showing the images

Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing topics from one RH9 project into another. The topics come in fine, with images intact. However the images are not going into the Proj Mgr "Images" folder. In fact they cannot be seen anywhere via the Project Manager (yes I have selected Show All file types and yes I have tried toggling the Proj Mgr view).

RH does create subfolders within the Images node that are named after the topic folders into which I import the topics, however these show up as being empty. Why does RH9 create them and then not use them?

Windows Explorer shows me that the physical image files are sitting in the <topic name>_files folder that gets created when I import the topic. However, these files are not visible via the project manager.

If I cannot see the image files in the Project Manager, how can I move them into the Images folder? Is there an option I need to set to make the imported images visible in the Project Manager?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

I think Peter is referring to a bug where images are sometimes incorrectly not displayed. Creating or renaming a folder causes RH to refresh its 'database' of images.

As you can see images in topic_files folder using Windows Explorer, I'd just pick one of those folders to rename - just add a 1 to the end - this should cause RH to refresh and display the images in Project Manager and should closely match their location in Window Explorer. It might take some time to process depending on the size of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought we had covered this one. If I have followed you correctly you have something like this in Windows Explorer

MyFolder

...My Images

In RoboHelp you either have

• the same but with no images showing - try renaming the folder.
  • no My Images folder - try adding it in Project Manager

With both of those the images should start showing in the folder.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Explorer I have:

Folder containing the imported HTM files

|-> Subfolder(s) named after the folder(s) from which the topics were imported, with "_files" added to the folder name(s), containing the images

In Project Manager I see just the top level folder as above, containing imported HTM files. If I toggle to the view that shows an "Images" folder, I see a subfolder under "Images" with the same name as the topic folder but it appears empty.

Hope I'm not being too dense here, but "rename" what folder to what name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peter is referring to a bug where images are sometimes incorrectly not displayed. Creating or renaming a folder causes RH to refresh its 'database' of images.

As you can see images in topic_files folder using Windows Explorer, I'd just pick one of those folders to rename - just add a 1 to the end - this should cause RH to refresh and display the images in Project Manager and should closely match their location in Window Explorer. It might take some time to process depending on the size of your project.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.

In Windows Explorer I changed the names of the folders containing the images, with the not very surprising result that when I opened the RH9 project, it could not find the images.

Back to square one, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe square 2!

I created a new folder in Project Manager with the same name as the one (in Windows Explorer) containing the image files, and RH9 began showing the images in the new folder.

This appears to be a satisfactory way of fixing the problem of Project Manager not displaying image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just confirm you renamed all your folders back to their original names in Windows Explorer? I just want to make sure you're not going to have problems with broken images throughout your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks for the tip. There are still things I don't understand about how RH builds those Proj Mgr views, but I think I'm learning to deal with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried this technique -- renaming the folder in RoboHelp -- several times and I still can't resolve the problem. RoboHelp cannot see my images. Does anyone else have another suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now I see what Peter meant when he said we've been over this before -- but how is it possible that a bug reported in RH7 is still out there in RH9?

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/importing/importing_word_docs.htm

Thank you for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough people reporting it? Please submit a bug report here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Sorry, we should have been clear that the renaming should be done in RH. Only one folder need be renamed for the database refresh to occur.

Message was edited by: Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp