• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer Submitted Web App?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 customer submitted web apps for a user profile page.  Is is possible to add the list or backup list template of 3 different web apps to the Detailed view of the main profile web app and only show the web app items submitted by that user?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VillageBCS,

There's unfortunately no way to do that. The only way to relate different web apps to one another is to data source field, but this field type will simply render the links to the items that are attached to this item. However, the data source dropdown is not dynamically populated inside the web app item creation form and you may find this solution somewhat challenging. So, I don't really have a nice, automated, out of the box solution for you in this case, but maybe someone from the commuity has a better solution.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

What you are trying to achieve is I think possible if you know the string for the backup view. I can think of the following way:

1. Create 3 custom text string fields for your main web app
  2. Add these fields into your main web app detail view
  3. The easiest way to get the correct module snippet for the backup list view of your customer submitted items is to use the module manager on a new temporary page: Web App > List Customers Submitted Web App Items > Select Web App > Click on Customize > Check the backup view option
  4. The generated code should look something like this: {module_webappscustomer,WEB APP ID,a,,,,true,,,}
  5. Copy and paste the code into your first custom field for the main web app item, repeat for the 2 other web apps.

Let me know if that helps any or if I am way off

Nicole - BCGurus.com   |  http://bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone at BCGurus.com for their help trying to get my 3 customer submitted web app items for the Members Only Student Athlete Profile to show on the main web app detail template for each athlete.

Erick and Chad helped with the "BCG Parent Category Filter Plugin".  I must have watched Erick's video "Filtering and Sorting Web App Lists" about 6 times.  But after all is said and done... I was able to use the built-in Business Catalyst functionality (No Ajax or Jquery) to solve my problem.

Nicole at BCGurus.com was very helpful... her last post was the answer I was looking for.  I would like to share this with anyone else who may need multiple customer submitted web app items to show on a main web app detailed view page (Profile Web App).

The first thing I needed to do is create a custom field for the customers in the CRM which I called "Profile Id Key #".   Then I created a category called Profile with sub-category's.  Each sub-category is the users "Full Name" and each sub-catagory is given a unique id number by BC.  The unique id # (or Category number) is going to be the CRM custom "Profile Id Key #" above.

When manually creating a user account... 1st we create a sub-category for the user,  then we get the category id number for that category... we create the user account and add the category # to the users account custom CRM field we created above (Profile Id Key #).  Since this is in a members only secure zone the user name and password are then sent to the user.  The user logs-in and the "add" and "edit" web app forms have a hidden category select list which has the CRM's custom field id inputted into the form automaticly since they are logged in.

<label for="CAT_Category">Profile Key Id #</label><br />

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox">

<option value="{module_customerfield,######,######}"></option>

</select>

</div>

Pleas note the {module_customerfield,######,######} will be unique to your CRM custom field.  To find the correct {module_customerfield,######,######}... Create a blank web page... click "Add Module to Web Page" then "Secure Zone"... at the bottom select "Customer Update Detail Form"  from the drop down menu select the custom "CRM Form" you created.  At the bottom of the Module Manage you will see the "Custom Field" you created with the unique module id for that field inside the form. (eg. {module_customerfield,######,######}).  Copy your unique {module_customerfield,######,######} and add it to your forms and custom web app field.

Now that the Customer Submitted web app items are automatically being classified ( or categorized)... you will need to go into your main web app's detail template and add the list or backup-list template for the other web apps you want to show in this main web app.

To insert the unique customer submitted web app items.... go to the Main Web App Detail Template and insert a module.

Select "Web Apps" in the module manager. Then "Display List of Web App items" ... Select the Web App you want to insert... Then Select "All Items in a Category Classification"  and then select anyone of the users in the sub-category.  BC will insert the unique module_webapps for that category or user (eg. {module_webapps,26453,c,######}".

Once you have the module code inserted in the detail template... update the category id number (######) with the web app tag {tag_profile id key #} or what ever you named your custom web app field (eg. {module_webapps,26453,c,{tag_profile id key #}}".

Save you web app and now all customer submitted web app items submitted by a users will be shown on his or her main web app detail page. (based on the unique "Profile Id Key #).

This would also be possible if BC allowed us to list web app items based on the users Entityid # eg. {module_webapps,26453,c,Entityid#} since this is unique to each user... but I do not think they do.

I hope this helps,

Chris Lewis

http://www.BabylonVillage.com

http://www.VillageBCS.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice, Chris! Thank you for sharing this workaround with us.

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Its was my pleasure...  I hope it will help and thank you for your post above.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry this should be with post 3..... I also would like to thank Dan from kiyuco.com.  I requested a video tutorial on how to build a members only secure zone and allow the members to add / edit web app items.  Dan developed a great video describing in detail from start to finish how to setup a Member Area and allow the members to add and edit web app items.  I feel he developed this video personally for me.

This was very helpful.

http://www.kiyuco.com/tutorials/user-managed-web-apps

Chris Lewis

http://www.BabylonVillage.com

http://www.VillageBCS.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peeps,

I am not sure if what I am trying to acomplish is similer to the post above, I found it a little hard to follow, maybe because I am more of a designer

We are trying to build a support ticketing system for equipment in facilities, right now I am just trying to build web apps and inputs to bein to collect data using web apps.

The immediate goal is for a user to submit a web app item (equipment) within detail view of web app item (facility).

There are two web apps (facilities and equipment) and all I am tying to do is somehow get the category id of the current web app (facility) to be inserted with the equipment input form. Thus creating facility web app displaying equipment (for that facility) on the same page...

Please feel free to check out http://bcdfm-demo.opt2webinc.com login as client1:client1, then you will find list of facilities (opt2web & opt2web2) there I am trying to add for example an iMac as equipment and be associated (categorized, unique id) for the datasource feild..

Whew, does that make any sense I am stll playing around with it...

Thanks so much in advance for any input...

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I am tying to do is somehow get the category id of the current web app (facility) to be inserted with the equipment input form

That's actually not possible, Kev. There's no way to obtain that category ID. In fact, there's also no way to obtain the item ID on the detail view and the only way to link the two would be by using the URL somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could link my method posted in that other thread Mario. I can not find it though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines