• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-Commerce Product download error

New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ERROR: File cannot be downloaded at this time. Please contact the website where you purchased this product from.

Unable to download a product after purchase is made. Please Help

ColorSnapper-1.jpg

ColorSnapper.jpg

Inbox (11 messages).jpg

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

as long as they are outstanding invoices the download won't be available.

outstanding.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

Also reference the user guide for how E-products work within BC.  This will explain in detail what you are experiencing and how to resolve. 

- http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2002

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the helpful artcile above. I have the same downloading issue however I have a successful payment with seamless gateway. I have no idea what I have done wrong with the set up. Do you know of any other possible reasons why I might get the download error? I set up a test product for $0.10, there is no outstanding balance as you can see below

Shipping Cost:$0.00
Shipping Tax:$0.00
Grand Total:$0.10
Paid Already:$0.10
Outstanding:$0.00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main thing you have to make sure is that you have a sucessfull payment recorded against the order. If the payment is failed or pending you will not be able to download the e-product.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario, payment has gone through. I pasted a copy from the invoice above. Do you know of any other reasons this might occur?

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, pasted from the workflow notice not the invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you've limited the number of downloads and exceeded the limit or limited it to a certain IP, but I'd have to have a look at this before making any conclusions. Please post the URL and the invoice number here and I'll have a look into it for you.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario, I didn't have a dowload limit entered however I did notice there was a '1' inside the minimum units. I changed this to 0 and tried again, the order then worked I was able to download the item. Not sure if the minimum units was the reason? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have worked it out, it had nothing to do with the minimum units. Because it was a test product and I didn't want it online for people to purchase yet, I disable it after I made the purchased, this meant i couldn't download the item on the invoice. Sorry for the hassle but thanks for your help and quick reponses Mario!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Payment has processed, customer received invoice with link. Clicking the link brings up "ERROR: File cannot be downloaded at this time. Please contact the website where you purchased this product from."

Why cannot this message actually describe the problem!?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the payment against that order isn't marked as successful. Please post the site URL and the invoice number if you want me to investigate this for you.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The payment was successful, but for some reason neither the user nor I could download it.  I disabled, reenabled, the product and increased the # of downloads allowed (and altered the IP restriction).  After that it seemed to work, of course the user complained about having the file begin to play (it's an mp3) and didn't know how to save it.

Thanks

Micah

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mario, I need your help on this one please. I am experiencing the same error for one of my clients.

I have looked and at the order and can see that it needs to have the payment marked as successful. So we can do this manually for these customers, but this process should be automatic - however It looks like something has changed in BC that is having all the orders now come through as unsuccessful.

One thing to be aware of is the product is a free product, that is accessed through the ecommerce. It has been working for about a year, but now new orders come through with out a payment status what so ever

You can purchase the free product here http://trendtrimmer.com/trendtrimmer-products/free-60-day-trial and then check the order in the administration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Billy,

Your issue is that Payment Method Options is not selected in the bakend so the free purchase option is not recognised.

Web Forms_ Online Shop Purchase Form Select system fields to add to Web Form Custom Fields Online Shop Purchase Formclick to edit.jpg

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your product enabled? For me this issue occured when my product was disabled and not able to be purchased/viewed in our catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines