• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Premier Pro and Black Magic Intensity Pro not working?

Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the trial version of CS6 Premier pro. First the Playback settings in the drop down menu next to the viewer is greay out. Second, when I go into the playback setting through the settings menu I dont see the Black Magic as an option to send my signal out to. Is this a limitation of the trial version?

I have updated everything and the Black Magic works perfect with my CS5 and Final Cut Pro.. Any clues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Hi Javier,

The new Mercury Transmit plug-ins from Blackmagic and other hardware partners are selected in a different way than the previous player plug-ins from CS5.5 and earlier.  To turn on transmit, go to the Preferences, in the Playback area.  There, if the plug-ins for your third-party hardware are installed correctly, you'll see options for the Audio Device and Video Device.  Once you select the third-party hardware there, it can be used across sequences and projects.  If the transmit plug-i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the trial version has no limitations.

Do you only see the AdobeDV as an output option, or not even that?

BMIP released a new driver a few days ago - to support the 6.01 patch.  Have you installed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Javier,

The new Mercury Transmit plug-ins from Blackmagic and other hardware partners are selected in a different way than the previous player plug-ins from CS5.5 and earlier.  To turn on transmit, go to the Preferences, in the Playback area.  There, if the plug-ins for your third-party hardware are installed correctly, you'll see options for the Audio Device and Video Device.  Once you select the third-party hardware there, it can be used across sequences and projects.  If the transmit plug-in provides a setup dialog for additional options, you'll see a small setup option on the right side of the Video Device option.

And of course, make sure that you have applied the latest CS6 updates, and are using the latest installer from Blackmagic for CS6.

Cheers,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok got it working. Thank you for the help. First I was running CS6.0 updated to 6.0.1 then had to erase and reinstall BM drivers. After that it worked like a charm.. Thanks everyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad it's working Javier.

I just noticed the CS6 updates link I posted didn't work.  Here it is again: http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me... May have something to do with my installed location being something else than the default, which I never do?

The BM card does show in some of the areas.. I can setup the audio and default player to be the intenisity pro, eventho the monitor stays black. I cannot select the intensity in the video device window.. I do have the 6.01 update, and I do have the BM 9.5.2 driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue as Nik.  Preference/Playback shows the Blackmagic card as an option, but when selected does nothing.  Actually it cause my tv to which the card is connected to flash the image from the viewer onscreen.  The card is not selectable as default.

I have updated everything.  Uninstalled the drivers to the card and reinstalled and rebooted after the Premier update.  Maybe there is still a problem on the blackmagic driver end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite the same.. I was not able to select the card in the playback window. Only in the default player, but I found out that inside the "blackmagic deskop video" folder C:/program Files x86)/Blackmagic Design

There are premiere support files which did not carry over to my installed premiere pro.. After copying the content to the approrpiate locations I managed to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have now got all installed and running, but my intensity card is showing 4:3 instead of 16:9?

it's working perfectly in vegas.

where are the settings for aspect ratio display in ppro?

tia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ZAC,

I'm using a thunderbolt intensity extreme on a MBP 13 I5 with 8g of memory ans SSDs drives.

I follow your advice, updated to 6.01, reinstall the last drivers, and follow the Blackmagic guideline, set preferencies as you adviced..

The monitoring is very lagy, the sounds is great. I try every option with the timeline settings (blackmagic settings), trying with HDV footage, DSLR footage.. It always lags a lot. Not only on my external monitor but also in the premiere monitor.

My footage have a yellow bar in the timeline.

Note: it works great with CS5.5

My card works great with MC6 ans FCP7.

Any ideas ? Thnaks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karim73, this thread is specifically about the installation issue Javier reported in the beginning.  For separate issues, you can open up a new thread, but in particular for your issue, I would recommend you get in touch with Blackmagic Design support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I got it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Blackmagic Decklink Extreme HD Card. Copied All Files from Blackmagic Installation folder (in C to appropriate folders in Premiere install folder and everything Started worked fine. Looks like a installation bug by Blackmagic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines