• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not find any capable video play modules" error with HP Pavillon DV7

Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is at least a user reporting issues with I guess the videocard driver, but there is none newer than 2011 available from HP.

The machine has an integrated videocard, and switches when needed on either an nVidia or ATI card, according to the models.

Is there a workaround, should the GPU sniffer be aware, or should HP be notified.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should disable the on-board graphics adapter via the BIOS so that the machine is forced to use the nVidia or ATI card.  nVidia has drivers for almost all of their mobile graphic adapters, regardless of the notebook computer's manufacturer.  Always get the latest driver directly from the nVidia site.  I don't know if AMD/ATI has similar drivers available for their mobile chipsets.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff, I already reported similar advice in the French forum, to the user asking the question. Thanks for confirming my gut feelings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this document and the solutions that it proposes:

http://bit.ly/Mur4jo

Error: "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: Can you explain how to do this to someone who is not computer-savvy enough to know how to do this on their own? I have the same computer, an HP Pavilion dv7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you how to access your computer's BIOS if you don't already know what you're doing.  Here's why, as quoted from the linked page that Todd provided:

Important: Changing settings in the BIOS can cause your computer to have other issues, or prevent it from starting up properly. Only perform this solution if you are confident in changing BIOS settings. If you need further assistance changing this setting, contact your computer manufacturer.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines