• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chm file displays with doubled-up topics - anyone help please?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For some reason, and with no changes to the setup between the last good chm file and the first problematic one, my chm file is now displaying all the topics and underneath the topics they are all listed again so it goes:

Accounting

Alarms

Clients

<a few more topics below>

Welcome

Accounting

Alarms

Clients

<a few more topics below>

Welcome

I really don't need this at all (duh) so can anyone please help? If this isn't clear enough, if you contact me at <email address deleted> I will send you a screenshot or the chm file; anything to get this fixed before next pub.

Thanks so much

Phil

Message was edited by Peter Grainge to remove email address. Note: Never post email addresses on any forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like me to edit your email address out of that post or do you want spam with all sorts of delightful offers? Our advice is never to post an email address on any forum, not just these forums.

You can post a screenshot by using the camera icon you will see when you are posting a reply.

Have you tried creating a new layout, not a duplicate? Right click in the SSL pod.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Yes, please. I probably shouldn’t have put it in there in the first place.

I found the reason for the problem…somehow I had managed to duplicate all the topics in the project, so naturally it was publishing them. Doh!

Thanks

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp