• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive help

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create context sensistive help without it being embedded in a book? If so, How do I design windows to display the help topics to the user without getting the TOC, the forward and back button, etc. that makes it look like there is a linear document behind the help? Thanks!

I meant to add that I am working with RH9 and generating MS HTML output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSH doesn't depend on having a ToC around - it's invoked in a couple of ways depending on how you want to do it. Read the help topics and http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. It's good information. However, my question might have been confusing, so here's to clarify:

I am looking to customize, from within the RH UI,  the appearance of the windows in which topics display. I am very new to RH and not a programmer or developer. So the question is how can I customize the appearance of the windows in which topics display? The default now shows the windows with Front and Back arrows, a Search feature, all things that standard OLH uses, but not CSH. How can I get rid of these things and just have a simple frame around the topic display?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Rick Stone's (aka Captiv8r) Skinny on Skins - www.robowizard.com<http://www.robowizard.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can achieve what you want by using Windows. Read the following article: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-archive/robohelp/articles/context_help.html

With a window and a context sensitive call you can determine whether the user should see the skin or not based on your help call.

Greets,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good info! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp