• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my Close, Minimise and Maximise Buttons to Show [2012] [CS6]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed Photoshop CS6 Extended on my Mac it had a bar running along the top that had the program name in it (Photoshop) with the red, orange and green, close, minimise and maximise buttons in it.

Somehow I have turned this off and the three buttons no longer show. Below is an example picture of the bar I'm wanting to turn on:Screen shot 2012-06-08 at 5.52.16 PM.png

I have the application frame turned on and they still do not show. I'm sure the answers simple, however any help would be hugely appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

AHA! I solved the Issue! (Using one of station_two's older posts actually). The solution was to trash the preference file and here is how I did it:

1. Closed Photoshop

2. Opened Photoshop holding Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

And everything was reset back to normal. Admitidly I had to recreate my workspace, however that was a small price to pay.

Thanks Station_two.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might reset your workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I reset my workspace and unfortunately that has not solved the problem either,

thanks once again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you on a Mac look in CS6 menu Window see it there is an item Application Frame.  I use a PC and that the normal PC way I think the MAC version has that option to make it look more like a PC

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, my Application Frame was on so I tried toggling it off and on again. No luck I'm affraid. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three buttons are NOT on the menu bar on my setup.

They will appear in the upper left corner of the document window, so I have to have a document (image file) open in order to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADDENDUM:  I have the Standard version of Photoshop 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps_CS5_screen-2912_06_08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I get that too when I select a view other than tabbed windows.

But unfortunately I want them to appear in 'Tabbed' view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I have noticed when I use exposé that the bar with the buttons is there but they

some how slide up under my finders menu bar when the program is in use.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get the window out from under the finder menu bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rickerby 01 wrote:

…I want them to appear in 'Tabbed' view

Then make sure you have your Screen Mode in the View menu set to Standard Screen Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll take that on board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA! I solved the Issue! (Using one of station_two's older posts actually). The solution was to trash the preference file and here is how I did it:

1. Closed Photoshop

2. Opened Photoshop holding Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

And everything was reset back to normal. Admitidly I had to recreate my workspace, however that was a small price to pay.

Thanks Station_two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this help solve the following issue:

Like most people, I work with most of the CS6 programs open at the same time.  If I tweak a graphic from Photoshop and then return to Illustrator or InDesign to see how the updated graphic will appear, my usual mode of doing so would be to hit "Command-W" to close the Photoshop window/work environment/application frame - or whatever one calls it.  Then, I'd click on the program beneath to see the update occur.  In CS5, that worked just fine.  Command-W and Photoshop was out of the way.  With CS6, I hit Command-W and the opaque application frame/workspace is still there and I can't seem to get it out of the way without using Control/Comman/M.  I figure that I'm missing something rather elementary.  The new GUI of Illustrator and Photoshop is bad enough (flat Windows mess) without this little annoyance.

Thanks.

PS: Well, it was my "minimized" brain.  I had "Application Frame" selected in the Window menu.

PPS: the GUI is still Windows-Ugly.  Any ideas?

Message was edited by: SlamDesi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the frame window (Window>Application Frame set to on) resize the Photoshop window by clicking on the bottom right corner (resize handle) and dragging it up and to the left to make the window smaller.  Photoshop then displays the window correctly with the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons displayed.  Seems to be a bug in Photoshop, in my case it was CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best answer, this works!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS. I know its such a small issue but then for someone like me who Im sure has a mild case of ocd, missing those buttons were a nightmare LOL Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

A tad late to this post but this problem just happened to me and it was JeffG2 post that helped.

All of the other suggestions didn't work and seemed too drastic just to get my minimize / maximize buttons back.

Illustrator (it happened to me there).

Window / Application Frame.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it works the same on a Mac, but on my Windows machine the Window->Screen Mode->Normal command worked. Shortcut (that I must have hit by accident, which led me to Google, which led me to this thread): Ctrl-Alt-F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to the person who gave us the windows, screen mode, normal tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest solution is to hit 'F' on your keyboard. It changes your full-screen view options.

Easy peasy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU... that was so much easier than some of these other options, which weren't working. 5 years later, (this thread started in 2012) and like 20 days ago this is the answer I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohmygosh!  You're brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep accidentally hit the "F" key and make the close button disappear not knowing. THIS was the right answer for me. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines