Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to create TRS file?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We have an automated build for our Help system, in which Final Builder checks the files out of source control and then calls up RH 8 to build our projects. This is all done locally (FB, source control, RH) to the build machine.

(I also manually build our .CHMs when needed. This is done locally on my own machine.)

I'm encountering the following error message on one of our child projects when it's run by command line on our build machine:

Error: Failed to create TRS file. Please use RoboHelp to recover the project.
Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL. Please try to compile it in RoboHTML.

This project works perfectly on my system - I can manually open it and generate the CHM. This error only seems to occur when it's run via the command line in Final Builder. This is also the only project this occurs on.

I've tried googling a bit on .trs files (is this even correct?). There's none in the problem project...but then there's also none in any other project (which all compile fine, both manually and by command line), although it looks like it may be a temp file, which may explain why there's none.

I'm at a loss here as to what's missing or wrong with this project - I've compared my local system to the source control's, and there's no differences between the files (i.e. there's no folder or file that's on my system but not in source control). Nor are there any obvious (to me) differences between this project and the others, and I don't know enough about this file to know what 'parent' files or folders to look at to see why it's not generating.

Anyone have an idea what exactly the .trs file is, and what might cause a project to be unable to build it?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post suggests the solution is to remove a read only attribute as part of the build process:

javascript:;

This one provides some explanation of a bunch of file types (temporary build files):

javascript:;

Hope this helps,

Amebr

P.S. Google seems to be doing a better job searching the forums than the Adobe search at the moment. The below seems to work well at keeping it focused on the Robohelp forums.

site:forums.adobe.com robohelp <enter your search terms here>

Message was edited by: Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I searched for TSR info, I came across the second link, but didn't see the first.

Not sure if the solution she mentions applies to us. When I check out the problem project, the project file shows as not being read only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same error message. The automated build started working again after carrying out these steps:

1. Delete the projects .cpd-file.

2. Open RoboHelp and the open the project by using the project's .hhp-file instead of the .xpj-file.

3. Regenerate using RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp