• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding info in Head section of HTML output pages (HTML Help 1.x)

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Using Robohelp 8, is it possible to insert information (i.e., metatags) into the Head sections of individual HTML output pages for HTML Help 1.x. The issue is to ensure the ability to produce tags such as these in the actual Help 1.x HTML pages:

<head><link rel="stylesheet" href="local.css" type="text/css">

<title>Browser dei riferimenti incrociati</title>

<meta name="Microsoft.Help.Id" content="ModuleName.TopicAliasMarker" />

<meta name="Microsoft.Help.F1" content="Coll_ISa5_acf.ModuleName.TopicAliasMarker" />

<meta name="Microsoft.Help.Locale" content="it-it" />

<meta name="Microsoft.Help.TopicLocale" content="it-it" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

</head>

The first and second meta tags extract the TopicAlias marker from the individual page and add the module (project) name as a prefix. The Microsoft.Help.F1 meta tag adds a specified text string as a first prefix. All parts are separated by a period. The last two meta tags can just be added as text.

Our final output is MS HelpViewer 1.x output format where the HTML pages are converted to XHTML pages containing MS meta tags.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

Are you saying you tried this and it's failing somehow? Can you tell us how it's failing?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick

I have not tried this. I need to find out if this is possible for a client of ours who wants to customize our product documentation. Our documentation is Framemaker sources (converted to *.mif) and they want to import these into Robohelp, then produce the output. As long as they can add these metatags in the head seation of the individual html pages by using the base name of the project and the contents of each page's TopicAlias marker, it could work.

We are able to convert HTML Help 1.x (where the metatags are included) to MS HelpViewer 1.x using FAR's mshcMigrate utility. We use Mif2Go to convert the FrameMaker sources to HTML Help 1.x and it works really well. 

Thanks for your quick reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm always stymied by folks that seem to pop in and ask if something is possible without having just tried it to see. But in this case I suppose it makes some sense. The issue I have here is that I have no way of knowing if something like this is inserted on the Frame side, how or if it will survive the journey into RoboHelp land. You need someone with knowledge of both applications and how they interact to answer that one.

I do know that in the past I've successfully added my own meta tags from inside RoboHelp and they have survived the trip into the compiled or generated output. But that means editing in RoboHelp. Not sucking it in from Frame, then generating.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

They need the files as *.mif since they don't have Framemaker on their machine. We saw this on a Robohelp tutorial.

Céline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't think they needed FM to import a .fm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're pulling the content from FM, why use the .MIF ? RH can import .fm and .book files fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp