• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 10 won't start anymore

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love how you spend thousands to get the latest software from Adobe, and then when you simply need to open a PDF file right before a presentation, the application won't open.

Found one discussion that advises to uninstall and the reinstall.  Seriously?  And I need to download Adobe's special "the regular uninstaller process does not work so use our alternate" tool?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

I was searching for a solution online to my Acrobat XPro not working. I found a patch at the Adobe site. I tried to put the link up in another thread, & i don't know why it didn't work.

But here it is, I'll try again on this thread,

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem, acrobat 10 as part of the creative suite suddenly refuses to work, just not loading!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem -- tried to use acrobat this AM, it won't start.  Nothing interesting in the system logs. Dang adobe.

However, reader does work, so check that, and maybe you can open pdf's just to ready them if you need to until they figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

It was working in the morning, I opened few files, than while reading some PDF it literally dissapeared from the screen, with no error of any kind.

Since this time, it will not open at all, no errors in Event Log or screen. I tried to reboot, later to repair - no effect.

I'm getting pissed, lot of work still ahead and I can't even read simple PDFs.

I'm on Win7 x64, Acrobat X Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In act of a bit of desperation, I tried solution described in here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-pdf-creation-cannot-continue.html

I couldn't find anything in solutions 1 and 2, but number 3 actually did the trick, Acrobat started and asked for SN, than for the moment it is working normally.

Essentially, I deleted cache.db file from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

maybe this will help somebody.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support also had me try this, which temporarily solved the problem (after reactivating), but after a few hours the problem is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me problem also returned after some time. I contacted Adobe Customer Service second time and they told me this time to first download Application Manager (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773) which couldn't detect that I have Acrobat installed at all. So I was instructed to remove existing Acrobat installation, but without any special cleaning, reboot and then install again, using App Mgr. Somehow ESD image was a bit different than one downloaded via App Mgr and it is working from yesterday without problems so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has also recurred for me again, after adobe support agent had me delete the cache file and immediately reboot, saying that would fix it permanently--but today same problem.  I will see if I can try the app mgr solution.  Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one worked for me.  My Adobe Pro X quit working one day ago.  The application manager worked....at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the cache.db file, Acrobat X started up fine then.  Then I went to attach a pdf file to an email, and it stopped working again.   Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to 4.ChrisCiapata Deleting the cache worked for me too. You saved my hide today actually. Good one Chris. Cheers, Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem running CS6 Master Collection Acrobat X Pro on Win 7 64-bit.  Had just created a .pdf from a webpage by printing to Adobe PDF.  Gave the file a name, saved it, it popped up on the screen just fine and then Acrobat promptly disappeared.  Now Acrobat will not launch.  Have tried the usual gambit of solutions to no avail.  Seems obvious to me something in the last update FUBAR'd Acrobat.

Sorry for the blow by blow that is about to occur below, but I am trying to give as much info as possible so that maybe Adobe will get this fixed ASAP. 

I just deleted the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db file. That does allow acrobat to launch, but it launches to the EULA agreement (see screenshot).

adobe1.PNG

I click "accept" and it there is no animation on the button.  It acts like it is not accept the selection, but if you wait a couple seconds you get this screen:

adobe2.PNG

Apparently I have a trial good for 89+ years :^)...  anyway, click to License This Software and get this screen:

adobe3.PNG

I select Sign In and it takes it a bit, but eventually gets to provide serial number screen:

adobe4.PNG

Of course, guess where my license number is?  Yep, saved as a .pdf.... so I exited out of the license page (NOT backed out) and restarted it with the intent of using it in trial mode to get the license number I need.  When it launched, it went to the splash screen and seemed okay, so I open a file and it seems fine. 

I then click help>product registration.  It brings me to the CS6 Master Collection screen and asked for me to enter my adobe id/pw.  Upon doing that, I receive this

adobe5.PNG

And it appeared to be working now.  Acrobat is showing me it is at version 10.3.1

But it is buggy.  I can work in a file for a few minutes then the Master Collection Trial page already shown above pops up, my license status that was okay a few minutes ago is now back to "Complete/Update Adobe ID profile and we are in a loop of following the above steps over and over.  *sigh*

I've got things to get done today!  I'm going to use it for a while and see what happens. 

I'll post an update later. 

If anyone has any ideas or further info please let me know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  What I did is still working, as far as having access to and ability to use Acrobat Pro X.  But I do constantly get the popup about the product being in Trial mode and asking if I want to register.  And some of my CS6 suite shows I need to complete/update Adobe ID profile and even if I go through that it doesn't upd ate the registration to completed.

In agreement with those who have said where is Adobe on this.  It obviously is a problem that needs to be resolved.

Until then, I guess I will keep being annoyed with the trial screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just did it again.  And, similar to when it did this to me the first time, it happened while converting something to .pdf. 

Last time it was a web page through printing to an adobe PDF.

This time it happened while saving an illustrator file to PDF format for sending off to a print house.

Is anyone else having this happen under these circumstances?

Urrgggghhh!!  This is starting to cost me time....

I'm newer to these forums.  Can anyone tell me if Adobe monitors them for issues or do I need to more formally tell them elsewhere about this bug?  Is there anywhere they keep track of/acknowledge known issues they are tracking/fixing?

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with Adobe, on Friday, for over 2 hours. Installed, uninstalled, cleaned etc., nothing, It still didn't work. I tried all of your workarounds and still nothing. The case was escalated and I was assured of receiving a phone call on Monday with a solution. It's Tuesday. This is really getting tiresome. Have any of you found any other answers? It's Adobe's problem and I can't understand why there isn't a fix on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug yesterday to Adobe just to help pressure them to look into it.  It only started happening to me yesterday.  It makes me wonder if some new patch came out, windows, anti-virus (I use Bit Defender), java, or something else that is conflicting with it.  I still have not found the problem and mine was solved for a couple hours by removing the cache.db file, but it reverted back to not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on two different computers: Acrobat X as part of Design and Web Premium CS6 (installed about 30 days ago, activated, TLP-License) wont start anymore, after the Acrobat window disappeared while reading a PDF. After System restore to a automatic restore point, Acrobat works again for about 20 Seconds, window disappears again, then wont start anymore.

Does someone have a final solution?

THX!

Werner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seeing that many Acrobat X users having the same problem and no cure yet!! my question is: WHAT IS ADOBE GOING TO DO TO FIX IT??

Deleting the cache.db file doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 days (probably to the second) when Acrobat X spontaneously quit and stopped launching for me. (Ironically, I had an independent license for Acrobat Pro X that never gave me any problems. When I bought the CS6 Master Collection, I removed the 'independent' license for Acrobat X and installed it as part of the Suite.) What a headache!! Adobe, come on! After all I spent on this Suite... and being an 'early adopter' against my better judgement! At least let us know what the hell is going on! I'd like to at least know that you're working on a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Please send me the logs as mailed earlier.

-Amrita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add that I also had the issue and removing the cache.db worked for me.  Not sure what happened.  I had actually opened the PDF and was viewing it and it shut down automatically.  I tried to open it again and nothing.  I rebooted, repaired, still would not come up.  I removed the cache.db and reinserted the serial and it works great again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me on both my desktop and laptop installations of Design Premium CS6 for Acrobat X.

Costing me SERIOUS money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, A-X Master Collection CS6. Unusable after 30 days from instalation. Maybe some  "cool" adobe antipiracy feature, which annoy life to all except pirates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly. I asked several times tech support person what is happening and why Acrobat looses activation, but I was ignored.

But as I mentioned before, reinstall using Application Manager helped in my case

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines