Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS6 cann't import MPEG2 files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whenever I try to import MPEG2 videos in to Adobe Premiere CS6, I get the following error:

"There was an error decompressing Audio or Video...."

Doe's anybody know what is the reason for that?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[irrelevant comment deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo, i am also having a problem with importing M2TS formate files. only video is imported not the audio in CS 5.5 and CS 6. plz give me a solution

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2014 Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem does not have a solution . In thuis thread , before lauching of CC2014 , i said that maybe in the fure there is a solution.

Well, the future arrived , and the problem still do not have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know Hauppage TV recorders use MPEG2 in a non-compatible format, that there are a few sports cameras that use MPEG2 in a non-compatible variant? Obviously not, otherwise you would not have marked my post irrelevant. It only shows your lack of understanding of where MPEG2 come from.You disappoint me Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disappoint you, Harm.  Next time, do a better job of proofreading  your posts.  The way you presented the information was irrelevant *and* condescending.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, what is the solution then, Harm? I AM using Hauppauge to capture the output of old VHS tapes. Since I have an Hauppauge card.. I did not find any other solution than to use their WinTV software to grab the  feed.

I tried to capture/rip directly from Premiere, but I didn't see this as a possibility. What so you suggest to :

1- Either be able to import that "non compliant" mpg2 file that I wish to edit in Premiere

2- Or to be able to capture the feed coming from my hauppauge card?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try transcoding the Mpeg 2 files with Media Encoder to a Main Concept codec and then import them into Premiere. Often Times Premiere cannot handle the Meta Data used by 3rd party file writers and it blows up the decoding.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a third solution which has been overlooked and which is fairly well guaranteed to work here, dsada.

Pick up something like the ADVC110 from Grass Valley, which works over FireWire and captures to DV, something PP has no trouble with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is irrelevant, since there is MPEG2 capability, the OP can choose MPEG2 for his sequence, only it gives errors on file import. Maybe you ought to do a better job of proofreading posts. I only implied that if you use strange sources, like for instance Hauppage material, or DivX or XVid material in a MPEG2 wrapper, you can expect errors. If you use normal MPEG2 video cameras, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Bellune wrote:

Does this thread help:

Adobe Forums: MPEG-2 codecs missing from Adobe Media Encoder CS6 installed with Creative Cloud Membe...

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that there are many poeple out there who have the same problem.

I try to update my Adobe products and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am upgrade already , still can't run mpeg/mts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leave the primiere pro dear start use Final cut pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article lists some possibilities, including Jim Simon's excellent advice: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/615047?tstart=60

Many analog to digital capture cards just do a very poor job, and offer limited options for that A-D process. I am also an advocate of the Canopus/Grass Valley A-D devices.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded by the immense tech  wisdom of you so called MVP's,who have NOTHING to say on kayut's problem.All you do is utter  mumbo jumbo tech to show yourselves off.

Things are simple.I used to import  MPG's that my Sony camera recorded straight into Premiere CS4 with no problem at all,now suddenly Premiere CS6 has a problem.ANYBODY from Adobe are you listening???Do you have the least respect for your customers???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post does not add anything to the conversation, but only criticizes other posters.  Please read over the forum guidelines.]

Best practices: Etiquette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which posts you have been looking at, but these MVPs have proven invaluable to myself and countless others.

Thank you again to all of them for their vast knowledge and support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually visit this forum since 2006. I Had another Adobe ID, but forgot the password, and as i lost access to email, used to make the forst ID, I did this other ID about a year ago.

I have followed and contributed to dozens of posts on the Audition, Encore, Premiere, Soundbooth, that useless software, since that year. In ALL posts of this forums , we found this same MVPs, with their "maybes" or "figured out" about everything. Is not my account, but this is very time consuming, so I wondering  if they have time for other things in life.

There are few posts that I write something in the solution, as this demand research, test and post the result. but when I do, it is a final and tested solution. For example, in 2009 i resolving a problem from a bloak, that i have to write a software driver to him. I spent 2 months in that job, but i resolved his problem, not these "maybes" or "perhaps", or else "I heard that" or "try this," or "try it".

In forums in my opinion is when you post an answer to a question has to be "THE ANSWER",  definitive, correct, tested, to solve the problem of who asked for help there. This demand, days, a week, months  sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In forums in my opinion is when you post an answer to a question has to be "THE ANSWER",  definitive, correct, tested, to solve the problem of who asked for help there.

It'd be very nice indeed if that were always possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this error, the problem is the mpeg2 video is not supported by Adobe Premiere CS6. Try to convert this video to a common format like mp4 for importing to Adobe Premiere CS6. I have used Format Factory, Firecoresoft Video Converter, they are all can do this conversion.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats is true. Ok for one , two, or half a dozen of raw material . But a entire day of shooting, that produce 40 ~90 videos in MPEG 2K, 150Mbits 4-4-2 or 230 ~ 300 Mbits 4-4-4 it is a huge process, very very time consuming process, and all conversions render in loss of quality. For wedding, Family, of common events, around 10 to 14 Mbits,no problems , but for a feature film with this kind of material , its almost impossible to convert and the results is the same . We already conduct many tests. So we abandoned CS6, and returned to 5.5. Some day, maybe in CS7, Adobe resolve this issue. We are in in the "even number curse". All historicaly  even numbered CS versions had some flaws, that Adobe never able to corretct. They release another version. This occurred in CS2, and CS4   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2014 Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PPro CC 2014(Vwersion 8.8.2), still not able to deal with MPEG/MTS.

We trhow out money, almost 2000 dolars in the useless CS6 version.

Now with the opportunity to test CC2014, with no costs, that render in the same another useless version  of PPro. At least we do not lost another 2000 dollars.

After tests in two workstations here in the studio, and the tests was conducted , in a Dual 10 cores XEON, ( E5-2690 v2 ), with Quadro 6000, Tesla2050, SATA6 raid, Supermicro motherboard,

in other words , a no buts, no maybes, no capable doubts hardware, and the software did not work well. many issues were found, involving codecs that came with PPro, and many plugins tha do not work anymore,  and NO SUPPORT for MPEG/MTS.

We test with files generated by all of our cameras, recently bougth around 100K dollars of investment, cameras like Panasonic Lumix GH2, GH3 and GH4, Canon 7D, Sony NXCAM, Sony CineAlta F3,an old DSR 450WS DVCAM  and the new Cinealta F55. We definetely will not accept the argument that a almost 30K dollars camera  from Sony , will will generate a non compliant MPEG file .

WeI do not know why so many manpower Adobe have, that is not able to correct a simple function that worked in CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, and now did not work anymore in CS6 or even in CC2014.

They lost files that worked before? I have a copy here....

So this is a problem that wont have a solution. anymore. Adobe DO NOT WANT TO CORRECT THIS.

SINce we start our post production facility here in brasil , we already spent more than 12K dollars in software from Adobe. Yes we think that is a lack of respect from Adobe.

12K dollars is very much money for many many people, not for Adobe, but for normal people.

By this time we are considering here move to Avid MC7, or MC8 that will launch in next november, as i read last week.

Best regards,

Leonardo Diniz .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution for this?

Just incredible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines