1 2 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 12:50 AM by Cornelia-I

FILES CAN'T BE FOUND but associated with another catalog

vdotmatrix Newcomer

In Scott's Kelby's Book LR3 on page 88 step 6, he talks about 3 options for importing a catalog.....

In particular he talks about option#3 and says he has NO IDEA wy anyone would choose that option of importing without the images.

SENARIO: I just switch to MAC. All my work for years was on Windows PC including LR and CS4 design premium. So now when I go to work on images in the same location on THAT windows hard drive I get the message that I cannot do JACk with those images because they are associated with another catalog.

I can't even click on the "?" in LR4 to find them without the same message coming up.

I was thinking of firing up the old Windows Box, somehow finding all the images through LR3 and then using option #3 to import all 10,000 images or at least their locations to my new shiny Mac system(s).

Objective: I am trying to access the images on an EXT. HD that gives me the "files are assiciated with another catalog message".

Windering if importing that catalogue would help?

IS THERE A WAY TO DISASSOCIATED A CATALOGUE FROM AN IMAGE?

1 2 Previous Next