• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Designation - Community/MVP

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed that along with "Adobe Employees," "Community Professionals," and "Community Members," there is a new designation - "Community/MVP."

Maybe that has been around for some time, but I just noticed it today.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a new designation. Brand new and sparkly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

Meaning Most Valuable Professional, or is it a secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very original. Microsoft has had the MVP designation for about 15 years. stands Microsoft Valuble Persons. I was offered the position as a MVP. I turned it down. Because I didn't think I was really that qualified, and Your required to come to Redmond  a couple of times a Year.  Something I am finanically un able to do. Anything that MVP's Turn in as bugs get top billing. And they have access to research tools.  I was given the  MCC designation instead. which means I know a little bit more than the average bear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, you are unfortunately mistaken on a couple of points.Someone else already pointed out the meaning of the initialism.

But the "requirement" to travel to Redmond twice a year that you cited doesn't exist to my knowledge. I know because I was an MVP for several years. And while Microsoft does host an "MVP Summit" each year, you aren't required to attend. It's optional. They were very generous in providing hotel accommodations and meals. So the only real expense you had was just for the airfare and travel to the hotel.

I missed attending many of these and was never dinged as a result.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

How does one get it?  Microsoft's MVP (Microsoft Valuable Professional) required one to sleep around with another MVP to be recommended for their coveted title so What is the requirement for Adobe's MVP?  Is it the same?  Or could it be "Most Valuable Pirate" in which case one just have to keep posting new ways to hack Software Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft's MVP (Microsoft Valuable Professional) required one to sleep around with another MVP to be recommended for their coveted title

!

At least they did not give them the "orange" title text - that would have really rattled some cages.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

Thanks for the confirmation. I was not sure if I had just been sleeping at the keyboard, or if it was new.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the firm impression that Michael Kazlow was Adobe Staff, now I see him as an MVP.  Am I completely wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael Kazlow is not an Adobe employee. He is an Adobe Community Professional and therefore also a Community MVP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erm... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha...congrats Scott!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terry,

What is the reasoning behind the following display:

Under Top participants you see: Name +++

but under discussions you see the same: Name ++++

What does that difference in ++++++ mean? Are points on a per forum basis for participants but on individual posts on total points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harm, the leaderboards are calculated for the points within that forum. An individual's points are cumulative for their work across all forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri, thanks, that is utterly clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just so it's clear, she's Terri with an 'i'.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even my grandma gets that wrong, Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

OT - It took Harm a month to get me to add the second "a" in his last name.

Now, I deliberately mis-spell it, just to needle him.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

It's what you might call an unintended sneak peek. We've been working for several months on a better badging solution. The aim is to recognize and distinguish the contributions of our moderators and expert community program members, without turning the forums into an alphabet soup of labels and badges.

We are still testing various solutions and getting feedback from the moderators and various Adobe community programs with a stake in the game.

We hope to roll out the new solution (along with reinstated points, # of posts, and a much spiffier profile design) by the end of the June. Stay tuned, and sorry if we caused any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serena,

Thank you for clarification.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that MVPs have got a new bright orange badge, perhaps it's the time for an official explanation of the real meaning of this acronym in these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not "orange," it's "Mysterious Vermillion Paint."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Not very easy to find, if I may say so; I at least would have never found it without your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Soon it will be a link on almost every page of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines