• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First iOS game released! - 'What The Game'

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. This forum has helped me a lot in terms of lurking, searching and browsing. Yet I haven’t had anything to contribute with yet, as I am still learning to develop mobile applications.

I am here today, to inform you about my first “game”, which has just been released into the iOS App Store. It was built using Flash CS5.5, and all of the coding are done in the timeline. Performance is enhanced dramatically in v. 1.1 which is awaiting approval from Apple.

What The Game? v. 1.0  - v. 1.1 is on the way.

http://bildr.no/thumb/1187913.jpeg

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-the-game/id515951974?l=nb&ls=1&mt=8

This game is simple. Find out what you have to do, in order to complete each level.

Lots of fun levels, and more coming, for FREE!

Features include:
* Several, challenging levels!
* Mind boggling puzzles!
* Great fun for the whole family!
* Highscore!
* Music and sound effects!
* Great relief and satisfaction upon completion!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wtgMobile

Here is a couple of the screenshots which I have published together with the app:

http://bildr.no/thumb/1187904.jpeg http://bildr.no/thumb/1187905.jpeg  http://bildr.no/thumb/1187906.jpeg

If any of you would like to try out the game, and give feedback to me in any way/shape or form, that would be great. Here is 5 unique promo codes, if anyone wants. Please post if you have used a code.

E6WTRTT6NLAE

E3FEAHNE394A

9FJ3RTK4P3NF

JHK3AHTWJ6NX

3KAPKM4K49PP

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there a field showing a count up of the number of seconds?

If you happen to go back to the main menu, is there any way to resume your game? It seems like you have to replay the levels you have already completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3KAPKM4K49PP I got this one. Will submit here my feedback as developer 😃

I stuck on Level 5. There I see a task 'CHECKPOINT', entered 'CHECKPOINT' into the textfield, pressed CHECK and I hear a buzz and error message that I was wrong. What to do - I can't imagine.

Also I found one bug. You must use for any movieclips that can't be drag-n-dropped - mouseEnabled=false because if I try to drag monkeys - this poorly work on some near the text 'apple side' or what there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you liked it Colin. 296 on your second try is actually really good. I've seen people complete their second round in over 700 seconds.

My personal record is 93, can you beat that?

therabbitwindfall:

Thanks for trying the game. Level 5 should be pretty straight forward. Also on Level 4 there is some minor issues with the releasing of the monkeys/owls. I have spent many a nights trying to figure out why the bug is happening, and I gave up. If you have any tips regarding that issue, would you please explain more thoroughly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some bad news for you. My best score is now 15. Now, that may seem like I'm super-human (I am, but that's not why I got a good score), but unfortunately your new update has introduced a glitch.

With the update, if you touch Play you only have to enter the first password and you're then immediately onto level 40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, I noticed the bug the first hour after 1.1 was released, 1.2 is in the "In review" state, and has been for over 2 days now. I requested to get an expedited review, but got turned down. If such a huge bug isn't reason enough, I dont know what would be..

Regards, Skogemann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a five star review. I completed the game in a time of 1206, but managed 296 on my next attempt. Some reviewers may comment on the replay value, but it's a game you would have friends play, to have the fun of watching them take as long as you did the first time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new high score: 186

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.2 is now live and the bug is fixed, finally.

Here are five more promocodes. Please leave a reply if you use them.

J4PMME4P6F66

6T3WPARJER9M

AAPJL9PY7RXW

RLF7ERJ3PMKN

4TE4KJLWX9AY

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines