Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 not working with Firefox

Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 11.3 Flash Player will not work with Firefox.  I've tried uninstalling and cleaning up all the files per the instructions.  Restarted the computer and installed 11.3 again.  It still will not work.  I'm at the end of my rope.  PLEASE HELP ME.  I want to continue using Firefox.     I was able to use Flash Player with IE browser.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See especially the post by John6060 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4481619#4481619

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if either of the two solutions Pat propposed helped you out.  When you say "not working" do you mean that Flash content just doesn't appear?  Do you run into crashes?  Is it all Flash content or just some (like video)?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install process says "completed successfully". However when I do

the check, the video does not show up. I don't know about other

content. Videos (i.e. Youtube) never start.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled "protected mode" per the recommendation and now Flash Player

works in Firefox. Do I leave it like this indefinitely?

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi to all

i m reading the posts in this treath, but i just can say,

two laptops, one with vista 32 bit and the other win 7 64 bit, firefox 13 flash 11.3, but everything is ok, no crashes at all...

i dont have extension in firefox, only down them all....

maybe come from diverses plugins or extensions...

if i see the problem other users have, i m happy to pass that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked for me too but it would have been helpful to give some more details for the rest of us!

The problem for me was that Firefox was able to play youtube videos before upgrading to the latest Adobe Flash Player (11.3.300.262).

To fix the problem, you need to refer to http://forums.adobe.com/message/4468493.

I tried the steps to isolate the problem but none worked for me.

I would not suggest installing an older version of the Flash Player as you need to download a package normally used by software developers and seemed a very clumsy solution.

The simplest solution is to follow the "last resort" of disabling the Protected Mode.

I use Windows 64bit so had to add the line:

ProtectedMode=0

to the file C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash\mms.cfg

Firefox can now play youtube videos.

I will undo the change when the next version of Flash player fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

yesterday a new version of flash are out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you disable protected mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i dont use protect mode, i do nothing, just install and use firefox, and flashplayer...

i dont know protect mode, coz. i never need it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off protect mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.google.de/search?q=protect%20mode%20deactivation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

http://www.google.de/search?q=protect%20mode%20deactivation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np#hl=de&client=firefox-a&hs=Eb8&rls=org.mozilla:de%3Aofficial&channel=np&sclient=psy-ab&q=protectmodedeactivationfirefox&oq=protectmodedeactivationfirefox&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.3...13666.15648.1.16521.7.7.0.0.0.0.601.3428.3-1j3j3.7.0...0.0.hqQ4kQxX_Wo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a052f1b0d496c73e&biw=976&bih=583

can you only give the links to help sites

myself can not answer this question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines