Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player keeps freezing videos and streams

Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues since about wednsday or thursday last week. My flash player is simply not behaving as it used to, (it's been fine on this PC and Internet Connection since October, it's not my rig nor my connections fault) when I watch youtube videos they stop loading after a little while and I have to click stop download and then start it again, or hit f5, it wont continue loading, and it's not just a wait for it to buffer.

Then this friday, as I was going to watch MLG that I paid for, I noticed that streams were freezing aswell, same issue, they go cool and usual for a few seconds to a few minutes, and then they just stop loading the stream or video, making me restart the download through pause - play, f5, stop download then restart etc.

I've been fiddling with Flash player settings such as storage maximum (now set to unlimited), I've cleared my cache and cookies aswell. I spent in total 7 hours with MLG Tech support trying to figure out what was wrong to no avail. I've even used direct DNS Server connecting, so I am left with the thought that it's a Flash Player issue. On some youtube videos dont have this problem. (Only the ones not using Flash player!!!)

My rig:
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
8Gb dd3 RAM
2x Nvidia GTX Geforce 560
Intel i7 2600
10mbps Connection

120Gb SSD Hard Disk
and 1 Tb HDD

-Regards

Edit: Apparently another person has the same issue. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3859702

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VIPIrony,

I've replied to some of your other threads, but are you seeing this behavior with more than one browser?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tested it on both Chrome, IE and Firefox (my main)

In the other topic with buffering issue you can see what exactly happens, my internet doesnt stop, if I'm playing a game I dont just all of a sudden lose Internet, but when watching a video all of a sudden it doesnt want to buffer any further.

EDIT: I'm sorry, apparently it doesnt bug out on Chrome or IE, just Firefox. That's odd, a few days ago it was everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw In 1080p
Firefox:
Flash1.PNGFlash2.PNG

doesnt go further from here, just stops.
Internet progress:
Flash3.PNG

Now with Chrome! :

(It did stop buffering after 8minutes for whatever reason but it was more lag (my connection) as it showed spinning circles then started again, on firefox there are no spinning circles, it just stops and never goes further.)Flash4.PNG
But it did buffer it all?
Chrome connection:

Flash5.png

I also have this issue with
majorleaguegaming.com/live
and
Twitch.tv streams. It's not JUST youtube, and it works in Chrome I just learned..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines