Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank display area for flash player latest version in FF7

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I got the new flash version a couple days ago and ever since then, any embedded flash just shows up as a blank area and nothing happens - not even an error message. Normal messages advising that install of flash is required for this content don't show up. Running on Win7 64, FF7, install was reported as successful, removed and reinstalled the plug-in, ran as administrator, no dice. What now?

Thanks very much for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Well, I used the flashplayer11_2r202_233_win_32bit.exe installer and everything's fine right off the bat. This is after multiple uninstall/install cycles with the latest version. That suggests to me that there's something wrong with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a new Flash version or a new version of Flash Player they are different products. Firefox 7? Isn't Firefox up to version 13. Perhaps a more modern version would work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, thanks for the response.

I got a new flash player plugin for FF via the flash autoupdater.

The firefox version numbers don't mean too much anymore since Mozilla started releasing a new version every few weeks. FF7 was released at the end of September, so it's modern by any reasonable standard. Also, Flash is supposed to support 4+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I used the flashplayer11_2r202_233_win_32bit.exe installer and everything's fine right off the bat. This is after multiple uninstall/install cycles with the latest version. That suggests to me that there's something wrong with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines