iMacs, OS X 10.6.8, 4gb of ram:
Our district has a volume license of CS 6 Master collection. I recently started upgrading the iMacs in our computer labs to CS6, but the applications only work on the admin account. When I try to run the applications from a managed account, I get the user permission prompt stating that the user does not have permission to run the application.
- If I select always allow, the application does not open.
- If I click allow once, the application opens, but more permissions prompts come up for the applications specific components that have to run.
- For Photoshop, for example, the user does not have permission for adobe_licutil, for AE, the mercury render engine, etc.
- The application opens, but freezes (see error code below).
What I've done so far:
- Ensured that the applications are checked off in the preferences so that the account has permission to run them, however, it appears that the user does not have permission for additional components which are not listed in system preferences and therefore cannot be checked off in system preferences.
- This did not work. The account has permission to run the apps but the same problems (1 & 2 above) persist.
- Selected all of the application folders and changed the permissions in the terminal (chmod -rf 777 on all folders). The account has permission for all files/components.
- This did not work.
- Changed the managed account to an admin account (allow user to adminster computer in system preferences) and all problems are fixed. All applications then open/run.
- Solves the problem and all CS 6 apps run, however, we cannot have students use an account with admin privileges.
- Changed the account back to a managed one, selected all CS 6 applications and utilities in the user account preferences, but the problems returned.
Any ideas on how this can be fixed?
All CS 6 applications result in the following error (the errors are essential identical, only the name of the application and reference to application specific components are different, not the entire log):
|Process:||Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 |
|Path:||/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6|
|Identifier:||Adobe Premiere Pro CS6|
|Code Type:||X86-64 (Native)|
Parent Process: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 
|Date/Time:||2012-06-08 11:58:03.976 -0400|
|OS Version:||Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)|
Report Version: 6
Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Application Specific Information:
*** multi-threaded process forked ***
*** NSTask: Task create for path '/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Required/AdobeCrashDaemon.app/Co ntents/MacOS/AdobeCrashDaemon' failed: 22, "Invalid argument". Terminating temporary process.
Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
|0 com.apple.Foundation||0x00007fff896dd646 ___NEW_PROCESS_COULD_NOT_BE_EXECD___ + 5|
|1 com.apple.Foundation||0x00007fff89611f04 -[NSConcreteTask launchWithDictionary:] + 3506|
|2 com.apple.Foundation||0x00007fff8961aa33 +[NSTask launchedTaskWithLaunchPath:arguments:] + 215|
|3 com.adobe.AdobeCrashReporter||0x000000010000a251 AdobeCrashReporterInitialize + 2880|
|4 com.adobe.AdobePremierePro||0x00000001000036c4 main + 148|
|5 com.adobe.AdobePremierePro||0x000000010000361c start + 52|
Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: 0x0000000000000001 rbx: 0x000000010dfaa6b0 rcx: 0x00007fffffe000c0 rdx: 0x00007fff70c72340
rdi: 0x000000010e1c8a00 rsi: 0x000000010e1c8a00 rbp: 0x00007fff5fbff410 rsp: 0x00007fff5fbff410
r8: 0x0000000000000001 r9: 0x000000010dfaa980 r10: 0x0000000000000000 r11: 0x000000000000003f
r12: 0x00007fff710b9498 r13: 0x0000000000001300 r14: 0x0000000000000000 r15: 0x0000000000000000
rip: 0x00007fff896dd646 rfl: 0x0000000000000202 cr2: 0x000000010def7000
|0x100000000 -||0x100003ff7 +com.adobe.AdobePremierePro 6.0.1 (6.0.1) <235A9737-DBF6-33F7-E3C0-BE780C209731> /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6|
|0x100008000 -||0x10000cff7 +com.adobe.AdobeCrashReporter 6.0 (6.0.20120201) <A6B1F3BD-5DB0-FEE5-708A-B54E5CA80481> /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/AdobeCrashReporter|