Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 Adobe Air Browser Based Help not rendering on IIS Server 7.5

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue where the output (Adobe Air browser based help) is not rendering properly on the IIS Server 7.5 that it is published to.

I have updated the icons in the skin, and when viewed locally the site works fine. When it is published to the webserver the new icons do not show up, and the banner does not render in the new color. The site is using the unipane adobe air browser based help template.

I've had the dev team restart the webserver twice, and for some reason the flash object simply won't update.

Anyone else see this before?

Thanks,

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#air

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I checked the option, and republished, but no change in the issue. Viewed locally everything renders correctly, but when viewed from the webserver it is incorrect. I even deleted everything in the web directory to ensure nothing was there before publishing. I'll see if I can get them to restart the server again to see if it takes effect.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking Item 2 is what you should be looking at, not Item 1.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I made the switch in the file, and republished to the webserber. The site still does not render correctly. I'm not sure what else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably neither am I. You may want to try RoboHelp Tech Support. Make sure you select the right options for RoboHelp support.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry

If memory serves, Browser Based AIRHelp uses Flash elements like FlashHelp does. I recall a few years ago that FlashHelp had the same issues on some servers. Further, if memory serves, the fix was to ask your web server folks to tweak the server by adjusting the MIME types so it will properly serve Flash items.

Adobe used to have a KB article on this. Unfortunately, time seems to have caused it to evaporate. Grrrrr

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I'll give this a shot, and let you guys know how this works out.

Thanks!

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rick,

Do you happen to remember what needed to be tweaked? We have the MIME type installed for .SWF files, and it's still not updating it properly when I publish. Do you know what setting within that MIME type neede to be edited?

Thanks!

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp