Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE not working

Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is not automatically opening when downloading an epub doc, nor is it in the list of applicaitons to use to open the acsm file that does get downloaded by right-clicking on the file. I uninstalled ADE, then reinstalled it after I saw the advice about installing after you get your password. The application is telling me my computer is secture. I do not see anything in the library. I have tried downloading several books, all the same result. I am downloading books from Overdrive via my city library. I am using Windows 7 .Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Go here for the instructions to setup ADE if it is not auto starting when you load an epub book.

http://help.overdrive.com/article/0249/How-to-set-Adobe-Digital-Editions-to-open-ACSM-files-automatically-in-Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your city library has not configured Overdrive to kick-start ADE after the

download. You can discuss this with them and see if they are able to 'fix'

that.

Win 7 SHOULD recognize ADE as an installed application, which can be used

to open the .ascm files. I understand that there's a way to configure Win

7 to add, modify or change the file types associated with an application,

but I don't know how to do that. Sorry!

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow ADE is not being recognized by the computer. Do I need to uninstall Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader and Digital Editions are separate products, and don't interfere with

each other.

Back to your original point.... In your original post, you didn't say that

ADE wasn't 'recognized' by your computer, but you did say that ADE wasn't

opening files from your library. So, you said in effect that ADE was

installed on your Win 7 machine. What are you saying now?

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is installed, but it is not doing anything. It doesn't open when I try to download an epub file, nor does it appear in the list of programs I can use to open the acsm file that does get downloaded on my computer when I try to download an epub file. So my computer does not recognize that the program is installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have completely uninstalled all Adobe programs and just reinstalled the ones ncessary to install the ADE, but stilll no results. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go here for the instructions to setup ADE if it is not auto starting when you load an epub book.

http://help.overdrive.com/article/0249/How-to-set-Adobe-Digital-Editions-to-open-ACSM-files-automati...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines