• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Crashing

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i get flash player to stop crashing? Here is the mozilla crash file that about:crash thing brought me to..  https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/b1efa9b8-9e76-4b60-9da5-e3a5b2120610   and also it seems like since i updated to 11.3 of flash player a lot more dmp files are appearing in "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\pending"  so how do i stop the crashing of flash player plugin on firefox.? it seems to happen when i go to miniclip..  also libflashplayer.so told me i should post a new topic in one i was posting in before. Also I'm on windows 7 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there.  just to confirm, when you say crash, you get prompts for the flash player crashing, correct?  or does the browser itself go down and you need to restart it? 

also, we hear of reports of crashing on the GM version on Win 7.  so, if you haven't already and you are comfortable, please apply service pack1 of the OS to see if that resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get firefox saying the plugin crashed so No the browser itself doesn't. and I already have Sp1.  I went on geekshed (AN Irc chat) and they said a lot of people they know has had the flash player plugin crash a lot. I disabled protection mode on flash player I'm going to give it like 2 or 3 days to see if the crash happens again if it was to i will reply then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, we are seeing different reports so the reason we wanted group them.  also, there is a known incompatibility it seems with the real plugin.  you could re-enable ProtectedMode and uninstalling the real player to see if this is your issue.

reference:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/crash-leaving-browser-page-flash.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on firefox 13.. And i don't see real player addon installed? i see the adobe flash player plugin under plugins..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

realplayer would be an extension not an addon.  your crash matches one we don't have a handle on.  we have an internal bug that's associated with your callstask.  it's currently in review.  would you be available for troubleshooting if needed?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also,  is this a random crash?  if not, would you be able to isolate it to some reproducible steps for us?  i know you mentioned minclip, but could you start a new session and note steps to get you to the crash state with the least steps possible?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i have steps to reproduce.  let me forward internally and see where it goes from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok And all i did was go to like miniclip and it caused the crash that is all i know.  Also thanks for replying!

Also Since I turned off protection mode flash player is running a little bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines