• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-responsive scripts after installing Flash Player 11.3.300.257

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding more info, I do not happen to have RealPlayer installed.

After updating FlashPlayer to the latest version I experienced non-responsive scripts - I use NoScript plugin with Firefox, as well as Java 7 update 4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr_CES wrote:

Java 7 update 4.

The latest JRE version is Java 7 update 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Java 7 update 5 has been just released, thanks for replying.

I did not install it though, in order to try to reproduce the problem.

I am a Mechatronics Engineer and I have a non-common OS and software configuration.

There is a numerical simulation application in my system which requires a programming language compiler to run, and such compiler requires the OS primary SDK and framework to be "understood" by the system.

That said, I believe all the debugging routines might be somehow limiting FlashPlayer abstraction layer functionalities.

As awkward as it may seem now, Firefox did not crash after one absolutely random measure I took.

I opened this page: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html and downloaded Windows Flash Player 11.3 Plugin content debugger (for Netscape-compatible browsers) from this link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_plugin_debug.exe.

Although there is a hanging before opening the about page and Youtube, flash content is indeed presented.

Well, there might be a different abstraction layer approach regarding this content debugger version.

I wait for further insight from you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr_CES,

Could you take a look at the troubleshooting FAQ and follow through some of the suggested solutions.  We'd like to get more information from you.  The FAQ covers how you can create a bug report and the information we'll need.

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also branched your issue out to a seperate thread because it wasn't RealPlayer specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines