Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert image - Indesign CS6

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two problems when I'm gonna insert an image to Indesign.

1. Right now I just drag and drop the image from Windows Explorer into the program. There must be another way? Like insert ---> image or something?

2. When I insert images the resolution is very bad. It's like I insert a 300 dpi image and when it's inserted it becomes a 72 dpi image. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging from Explorer (Or Bridge, or Finder on the Mac) is the equivalent of File > Place... and navigating to the image you want to use. Dragging from anywhere else is the quivalent of copy/paste and should be avoided.

By default InDesign uses "typical" display performance settings which include low-resolution image previews (you are not loooking at the actual pixels here, just a preview, with any image in ID). You can change the defualt inthe prefs, or change it from View > Display Performance > and choose High Quality Display (changing the prefs with no files open would be better). For most systems this should not present a problem, but for an older or under-powered machine you may see a slowdown in screen drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ramoand

in addition to Peter's post see this help section:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6bc5a.html

("Placing graphics"). It appears to cover everything you asked,

regards,

Peter Blazejewicz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines