• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the character style for hyperlinks not displaying correctly in design mode/viewing/output?

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH9 and generating WebHelp, and I needed to globally bump up the font size of just my hyperlinked text. I went into my Style Sheet > Character tab, changed the font size of the various character settings for hyperlinks, and clicked Apply and then OK. Normally, this would change all of my hyperlink text font sizes immediately across all of my topics. However, this time, it made no changes to any existing hyperlinked text, and it only affected new hyperlinks that I subsequently added. For the existing hyperlinks, I can only manually change the font size of the each hyperlink one at a time, but that's crazy (there's 100's in this help).

I can successfully change other characters styles and paragraph styles. This issue only affects the hyperlink character styles. It also shows up in all RH modes - Design mode, viewing, and in the final output.

Is this an indication of a corrupted style sheet or some other combination of events that I have yet to discover?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Willam - you are absolutely correct. After looking at the HTML view, somehow (as I inherited a lot of this content from an earlier project), inline styling was applied to the hyperlink texts (only).

I appreciate your workaround suggestion (if I need to regenerate my help quickly, that will be the way to do it). Otherwise, I may ask one of our programmers maybe to write a script that will strip out that inline styling from the 300 or so topics that have hyperlinks in them!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You probably have inline styling in your project overwriting the font size of your style sheet. How are you changing the font size of the individual hyperlinks?

There is a workaround for inline styling: Open your CSS in notepad and add !important after the font-size:

font-size: 4pt !important;

Note that this is a workaround, not a solution. As a solutions you can remove all the style attributes from your hyperlinks to force them to take the CSS styling again.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willam - you are absolutely correct. After looking at the HTML view, somehow (as I inherited a lot of this content from an earlier project), inline styling was applied to the hyperlink texts (only).

I appreciate your workaround suggestion (if I need to regenerate my help quickly, that will be the way to do it). Otherwise, I may ask one of our programmers maybe to write a script that will strip out that inline styling from the 300 or so topics that have hyperlinks in them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp