Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with video and animations

May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Presenter 7.0. I created a PowerPoint presentation using a multimedia template (available from Office.com) called Glowing Technology. This template has a video graphic that shows moving, glowing lines. It looks really cool. Here's the scoop:

1. I created a short, 6-slide presentation
  2. I added slide transitions and text animations
  3. I added narration via Presenter
  4. I published the content to .swf
  5. The audio works
  6. The glowing technology video does not work
  7. The slide transitions do not work (I am using the gallery and flip transiitions)

I want the presentation to be self-running and show the video graphic and the slide transitions. Is there a way to make this work? Isn't this supposed to be what Presenter does?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may depend on how the template video is integrated.

It is likely a video file, like an .avi or an .mp4 outside the actual PPT, no? I don't think you can embed such video directly into the PPT itself...

When you got the PPT template, was it just one file, or a folder perhaps with a couple files?

Look for a video file in that folder that is the actual movie.

When you publish the presentation from Presenter, look in that folder for the same movie file.

Is it present?

So perhaps the issue is, the PPT template pulls in an externalized video for the background, but Presenter doesn't realize it's external, so when it publishes, it neglects to pull that file from the PPT location....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Erik, is correct. If you want a video asset in the presentation after publishing with Presenter, insert the video through the import video tool in Presenter.

Slide transitions are not supported by Presenter.

Also, please run the updates to 7.0.6 or install 7.0.7 if you haven't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources