4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 10:48 AM by peytonandgracie RSS

Can BC host an iWeb site

peytonandgracie Community Member

A friend of mine is currently using iWeb for her site and I was wondering if I could take her files and upload them to BC and host it for her there?

Thanks so much!

Annette

• 1. Re: Can BC host an iWeb site
          Liam Dilley CommunityMVP

Hey Annette.

IWeb is just hosting so it depends. If the site is Wordpress you can not just install that on BC. Content, styles, template files can be ported over but things need to be modified to strip out things like the PHP and where you need functionality start implementing modules, tags etc that BC uses.

• 2. Re: Can BC host an iWeb site

Ok, this was a pretty basic site. I don't even think she had a contact form; just a home page, about us, and a couple other pages that had a couple pictures and text.  So maybe that would translate over correctly?  I was doing some research and it looks like in iWeb, when you hit publish it gives you the option of sending it to another host so do you think I might be able to send it to BC? 

Sorry, I'm very new to all this!  I use Muse for my sites but I'm trying to help a friend get her iWeb site back up and running (she took it down a few months ago) without it being too difficult for her.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Annette

• 3. Re: Can BC host an iWeb site
              Liam Dilley CommunityMVP

No, wont work like that.
              You need to just access her site via FTP and grab the files that are used to make the site work. CSS, images, HTML, Javascript.

If there is any php this needs to be changed/removed.

Rather then just having pages on the BC site you will want to look at making proper templates etc.

Publish to another site in iWeb wont send it to BC, no. Your correct on that.

• 4. Re: Can BC host an iWeb site

Thank you for the info, Liam.  I now get what you're saying.  I'll have to think about this a bit and see what she wants to do.

Thanks so much for all you're help!

Sincerely,

Annette