Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 7 / FF 13 - Flash 11.3.300.257 doesn't work

Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: Firefox 13

Flash Player: 11.3.300.257

Since updating to the above Flash Player version, flash isn't working anymore, which simply means, nothing related to flash is working if using Firefox. Flash is still working with Chrome and IE 9.

Flash 11.3.300.257 is also working with Win XP / Firefox 13.

I've deinstalled and reinstalled twice, but it didn't help. As far as I can see there are other people having trouble with this lastest Flash version in Firefox.

Is it possible to get the previous Flash Player version which was running with Win 7 64bit / Firefox 13? Would be great because I guess it'll take a while until this problem gets solved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Completing the following steps should work for you:

Launch RealPlayer

Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.

Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel

Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"

Click OK and close RealPlayer

Restart Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can walk you through the steps to rollback to the previous version, but before we do can you try this troubleshooting step and let me know if it helps?

How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tried that, but adding ProtectedMode = 0 in mms.cfg did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do an "about:plugins" in Firefox's address bar, do you see Shockwave Flash listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Shockwave Flash

Datei: NPSWF32_11_3_300_257.dll
Version: 11.3.300.257
Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
application/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movieswf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash moviespl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have RealPlayer and/or the RealPlayer Browser Recorder PlugIn for Firefox installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both is installed, RealPlayer and RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by an incompatibility between Flash Player on Firefox and the RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin for Firefox.  Disabling the RealPlayer plug-in will resolve the issue for you.

There's more detail over in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4486789#4486789

To disable the Real Player Browser Record functionality while maintaining the enhanced security provided by Flash Player with Protected Mode, do the following:

Exit Firefox

Launch RealPlayer

Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper-left corner of the window, and choose Preferences

Choose Download & Recording from the left-hand menu

Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browser"

Click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I installed Flash Player: 11.3.300.257 and now nothing works.  I did it in many computers, and I had the same result in all of them.  I unchecked the real player exactly as ‘Jerome, Clark’ said and it still doesn’t work.

I use Firefox 14 beta and Windows 7 32 bits. It doesn’t work.

Other computer with Firefox 13 release Windows Vista and it doesn’t work.

The last computer with Firefox 14 beta and Windows 7 64 bits, and there it worked a little bit but then crashed.

Now I disable al Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PronoDEpo,

Please try running through the steps listed in this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie Clark schrieb:

Did you restart firefox?

Sure.

I did thefollowing now, as the suggested deactivation of the RealPlayer Plugin didn't help.

I found a backup copy of the former Flash dll NPSWF32_11_2_202_235.dll and copied it into the flash folder. Now I had two Flash plugins and deactivated the new one (NPSWF32_11_3_300_257.dll).

All is fine now. The previous Flash Plugin is running as well as the RealPlayer Plugin. I'll wait until the problem has been fixed and leave the system so far unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem, but what should I do if I don't have the backup copy of the former dll?

I've tried to download an older version of Flash but it doesn't let me install it. It appears a message saying that the version I'm trying to install it's not the most current one...

Any help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I appreciate the way Adobe is trying to give me a solution.  However, I am not a developer.  I am just an end-user.  In that way, I’ll keep the Flash Player disabled.

I think that Adobe had to check in advance the version to see whether it works or not.  Of course, there are always mistakes, but I don’t have the possibility to uninstall the new version and re-install the old one.  My hands are tied.

I disable all the plugins and the extensions and it still crashes.  So from now on I’ll have Flash disable and enable the rest.

Let me know when a new version of Flash Player is launched.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the final verdict of this problem?

I have the same problem with the same setup:

FF13 on Win7 + Adobe Flash Player ver. 11.3.300.257 + RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin for Firefox

So what should I try to fix this problem? It looks like disabling the RPlayer plugin won't do it?

Is reverting to the previous version (Flash Player 11.2.202.233) the safest bet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completing the following steps should work for you:

Launch RealPlayer

Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.

Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel

Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"

Click OK and close RealPlayer

Restart Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Jeromie:

It worked for me, i.e. disabling the RP plugin.

Please provide update when the problem (incompatibility between Flash Player on Firefox and the RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin for Firefox) is resolved programmatically.

Thanks!

p.s. any idea why it didn't work for mbruehj99 or PROnoDEpo?

Other people who follow this thread might be led to believe that disabling RP plugin won't work.

But it certainly works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mbreuhl99 to make sure protectedmode is disabled, when running firefox, you should not see any sub process (FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257.exe) running under plugin-container.exe.  can you verify using  task manager and viewing the running processes if you did disable protected mode?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines